Chapter 178: Resignation

- Long chap ✏ -
_____________________________________

The tension felt by Azazel and Sirzechs disappeared when they received the news that the alliance was able to defeat Bandersnatch and Jabberwocky. They stopped glaring at Hades and were now enveloped by a calm aura.

Sirzechs made the aura of his power of destruction disappear and he reverted back to his usual human form. The anger that could be seen from his aura decreased a lot when he heard that Erin had returned.

The Vali team vanished after the rampage they executed. Azazel also had Slash Dog leave since he deduced that they won't be needing his assistance now. It was fortunate that they didn't end up clashing with Hades.

When Azazel and Sirzechs were about to return home, one of the Grim Reapers came to make a report to Hades.

"Hades-sama. The majority of the Grim Reapers within the shrine……have been frozen."

"Is this your doing, Joker?"

Hades' eye sockets glow in a dangerous color. Dulio himself just made a sigh and is massaging his shoulders.

“Well I would get scolded by Michael- sama if I don’t at least do this. I was
thinking of freezing any suspicious Grim Reapers-san. But I couldn’t be bothered so I froze most of them within the shrine. I’m sorry, I have bad habits. Anyway, Amen.” finished Dulio with a grin

"He sure has an aloof personality and words. –But he’s definitely strong. This Dulio who is the trump card of heaven has a bad mouth but his power is overwhelming." thought Azazel.

"His Top-tier Longinus that can control weather, and control any sort of attribute. With the way he uses it, he’s able to be in control during appropriate situations. Maybe he has a good compatibility for fighting against Cao Cao? I’m sure he would have the advantage in the fight."

Azazel faced Hades and spoke in a firm tone

“Well, we will definitely question you a lot about the incident with Samael since we were able to capture the main members of the Hero-faction alive.”

Hades couldn’t reply back to the words and Sirzechs made some final words before they leave.

“Hades-dono, we will take our leave here. I’m very sorry for the sudden visit. But I will still say this. –There will be no next time. Next time I will eliminate you.”

"Fafafafa. You show me good eyes. Yes, I will remember that very well." replied Hades with a laugh.

The men left the lair and they reached the gate that connects the realm of the dead and the Underworld.

“Azazel.” Sirzechs puts on a serious expression which made the fallen curious.

“What is it? Why so formal?”

“Lately there are things which I think quite often about. That the generation of Maou such as myself and Ajuka is coming to an end.”

Azazel kept quiet and Sirzechs continues.

“The biggest reason why we became a Maou was due to our powers..There are special Devils who were born with insane power who don’t carry the blood of a Devil king. That’s the current Yondai-Maou, which Ajuka and myself is part of."

Sirzechs put on a sad face while making a grip.

“No matter how strong you are, there are things you can’t do individually.. or things that should have been impossible for one person alone..."

"Yeah. The current government defeated the old government with power and changed the Underworld. And the ones who stood on the front were powerful Devils like Sirzechs and the other current Yondai-Maou. As a result, the Devils that were driven away became jealous of Sirzechs' power and cursed him. It is the basic and simple reason for the current coup d'état." mused Azazel