IHMFB : THE MESSAGE (1)

SOOBIN'S POV

Society sets the bar higher.

A bar that blinded us. A bar that told us 'we should meet that standard'.

A bar that separates us from ourselves.

Society sets us up. Society told us to hide behind the masks, and told us 'don't come out. you're queer? if yes, then you're invalid'.

Crazy.

Why do we even need to hide from ourselves?

Why do we even need to meet the bar that society sets?

Why do we even need to do what other people say? Is it because we are afraid? We are afraid to be separated? We are afraid to be invalidated? We are afraid to be canceled?

No.

We are just afraid of humans with inhuman mindset and treatment.

If we don't meet their standard, they will look at us as if we are criminals.

Just because we are not straight, doesn't mean we don't respect straight people.

We just want equal rights and equal treatment.

Equal rights for others doesn't mean fewer rights for you.

Queer people aren't monsters.

If you hate people just because of their gender identity, skin color, height, weight, religion, and opinions, then I think YOU are the monster.

If you can judge other people, then try to look at the mirror.

Now, let's talk about my relationship.

Our love was indeed... crazy.

Unbelievable.

It was full of ups and downs, but who would've thought we'd last forever?

You know guys, from all of the things I've learned from our relationship, one thing marked— love is selfless.

Love required more than just kisses, hugs, i love you's, and sex— because that's not love. That's just infatuation.

Real love requires selflessness, sacrifices, a freedom, understanding, trust, time, effort, and hard work.

And I don't have any rights to complain about it.

Why? Because I chose it.

I chose to love.

I chose to be loved.

I often envy those people who found their love and get love back easily. I wonder how does it feel to root for the winning side where you will never experience uncertainty.

But you know what? The beauty of rooting for Yeonjun is similar to the beauty of life— you aren't really in it for the destination, but instead, you are in it for the journey.

The journey where we will get hurt and beaten up, laugh, smile, cry, scream, and most importantly, learn.

Where we can see him rise above his pain and trauma that he hides underneath his strong character, and live without any regrets.

There are times when even if it hurts, I am still grateful because once I have experienced something that others dream of— it is to love and be loved truly.

Universe let me see the cruel side of it in order for me to see the beauty of light within the darkest situation of life, and that reason itself will make me even more stronger and better.

I also learned to never ever invest so much in someone or in a relationship to the point you will forget yourself.

Love is selfless. But it will never be selfish.

Find someone who you can grow together with, and would let you grow on your own.

And never ever plan things, you'll just be bound to disappointment.

Life never works that way. Things don't go as planned.

You can't change the relationship by putting more effort into it. If the other person's heart is not there, then it's not there.

Because you can't make them love you by loving them harder.

And you can't save the relationship if the other person is not willing to save it as well.

They say love never dies, so I say true love always win.

And guess what? I found it in the same person.

For me, love is both an investment and commitment.

And I hope that you learned something from our journey and relationship.

Oh! Guys! I'm in love with my fuck buddy!

SOOBIN'S LATEST POST

binbinie.choi

♡ liked by choi_yj and 987 others

binbinie.choi : yo, tell me guys if i should back the fuck out NOW.
view comments...

choi_yj : what the fuck? are you fucking serious????

lucy22 : say if u are going to dump him, i'll marry u 🤩

binbinie.choi : ew @lucy22 no hetero allowed!!!

beombeom.bear : this is a MESS!!!!!!

———
To Choi Yeonjun,
you are both my home and my biggest adventure.

———To Choi Yeonjun,you are both my home and my biggest adventure