ₛyₙₑᵣgy

Everyone always talks about the night after a break up, but no one nearly talks enough about the morning.

Though the two didn't pursue anything romantic, losing someone whom you've grown up with practically since the day you were born is arguably so much worse.

But this is only temporary, right?

A world without Kai is only temporary, it has to be. He'll come around sooner or later, to sort out this miscommunication.

This is the philosophy y/n had been feeding herself this Saturday morning. Unluckily for her, she always has the weekends off, which gives here two more days before she can see Kai face to face, and at least see that he's okay.

And for that reasoning, she had no reason to shed a tear. Because she knows, no matter what, things will always work themselves out between the two.

It has to.

Her day took a turn early on when she'd check her phone briefly to practically investigate her instagram notifications, smile anytime a cute guy (or girl!!) likes her post, and raise a victory fist in the air in the rare occasion that one of them slides in her DMs.

Today was a different occasion though, for when she took a quick peak to observe her most recent followers, a very specific name caught her eye:

sapnapinsta started following you 12h ago

She suddenly remembered the bus ride home, where she had studied the guy's social media as if it was some sort of religious practice. Almost like a dramatized war flashback, she remembered the way her heart raced when she realized she liked his post, being too stubborn to unlike it afterwards.

Looks like her theory of her notification being drowned out by the hoard of fangirls he has was completely debunked. Man, he must not get a lot of notifications then.

A rose tint overthrew her face, perhaps out of embarrassment.. perhaps out of other reasons.

She tapped back onto his profile, instinctively opening their message history hoping there'd been something there waiting for her.

Sapnap  11:36 PM
So, I check my instagram for the first time
in days, and to my delight, my favorite 7/11
worker was stalking my profile?? 😳

This short online encounter had been enough to forget her of her early morning sadness, with her mouth curving up into a smile without her even noticing.

Y/n  10:54 AM
holy shit omg ur friends with quackity,
i'm such a big fan omg omg tell quackity
i love him 😍

And almost like he had been waiting for a response with his notifications enabled...

Read

And it stayed read. God damn, and you'd expect men to at least be able to take a joke, right?

She mentally rolled her eyes and locked her phone, gently tossing it onto her wooden nightstand while she sat up on her bed, deciding what today's plans were gonna be.

The verdict: absolutely no idea... but then again, there was a perfectly fine PS4 chilling in her living room..

Sudden motivation struck her like lightning as she was quick on her feet, racing to the bathroom to brush her teeth at a record time. She slid out the door, grabbing her phone off the nightstand, sprinting and performing an olympic-level dive onto the comfort of her own couch, controller in range... but just as she got comfortable, that's when her phone lit up with a notification: