1~ Min Aera

Min Aera~

It just felt like every other evening. The cool breeze, the setting sun, the mob of people rushing back to their home and then there's me; observing the people who are subconsciously battling with their own inner chaos. At times I wonder  how much can a person go through and still stay strong and smile everyday like nothing happened. Guess people are just busy to observe it.

Well, me, Min Aera, I'm not much of a people's person. I'm an ambivert. I talk to few but observe a lot. They say people's eyes talk a lot about them; not just their eyes but their gestures too speak a lot. Anyway, I'm 20 and a university student majoring in Business Management. I have always been an ambitious student, scoring the perfect "A's". People ended up thinking that I'm a nerd and barely befriended me. It never really affected me though because I was satisfied with these two humans who stuck by me everytime I needed them.

Jihoon and Soa, these crazy people whom I love the most. Basically, me and Jihoon have been friends for half of our lifetime now. Me and him went to the same elementary school and Jihoon being Jihoon was the first one to approach me. His cheesy self tried giving me a rose in the fourth grade and asked me to be his girlfriend.  It kinda didn't go well. My flustered ass ended up punching him in the face. Since then he has been my bestfriend, to be more precise, my ride or die. As for Soa, she's Jihoon's girlfriend. Soa is really pretty not to forget she's outgoing and witty. I'm still very confused how this dorkhead Jihoon got a girl like Soa.

Jihoon and Soa are both very adorable couple but at times they make me gag too. I've never been a person who's fond of finding my other half or something. Honestly, I find all of this to be  very lame, no offence. I don't hate the idea of love, I'm just scared of getting myself heartbroken and not being able to recover from it. I do have a lot of crushes though. Both of my friends tried numerous times to set me up with someone but they oddly never caught my eye. Despite of everything, Jihoon and Soa don't mind me third wheeling between them, infact they happily include me in their plans so I don't end up feeling left out. At times I accompany them but the rest of the times, I like doing things by myself, which is watching "Netflix".

It was evening, Jihoon and Soa decided to give me a ride home as we were returning from  watching a movie. We reached my block and got off the car. "Thanks for the ride doofus and Dorothy. Meet ya tomorrow." I said and gave a wide smile to the couple. Jihoon rolled his eyes as Soa replied back, "Do-Dorothy? At least come up with a better name babe. I'm way better than this doofus." We both broke into a fit of laughter as Jihoon started whining. "Babe not you too! I honestly cannot believe you both are ganging up on me right now. Tsk, God save me from these women!" I chuckled at his whining and said "Suck it up, loser. Meet me tomorrow in the campus." "Ya, ya, sure." He replied and rolled his eyes. "Well then, Adios mates!" "Bye Aera~" they both replied as I waved back at them.

I entered my apartment and was greeted with a warm smile by my mom. "Hello  to you young lady. How was your day?" I greeted my mom with a hug, " It was a good day mom, you know how it goes, Me , Jihoon and Soa." I replied back and entered the kitchen to grab a glass of water for myself. " Oh honey, get yourself someone and leave that young couple alone for a moment." mom said as she entered the kitchen too. "Naah mom, I don't need anyone. I'm very happy by myself right now, also don't try to set me up with any of your friend's son. Honestly mom it's so embarrassing." Mom laughed at my statement and replied, " its okay honey, no need to get so defensive. I just hope you find someone who looks out for you and loves you unconditionally."  "Yeah mom we'll see. Anyway I'm heading to my room now, gotta complete some assignments."  "Okay , I'll be in my room, call me if you need anything. Also Aera, don't stress yourself out." "Yes mom~" I replied almost shouting back as I entered my room.

After two hours of completing my assignment, my mom called me down for dinner.  "Aera, the dinner's ready honey. Come down." I closed my books and sighed satisfactorily as I managed to complete the assignment in the span of two hours. I went to the kitchen and sat on the dining table while smelling the delicious food that mom made. Mom and me had random conversations when she remembered something. "Oh right, Aera , honey, I'll be leaving for Vancouver tomorrow. I hope you will be fine by yourself." "Don't worry mom, I will be fine. I'm 20 and I can take care of myself. I also have Soa and Jihoon just in case of emergency." I assured my mother. "I wish you could come with me to meet Aunt Trisha. She misses you." "I wish that too mom but unfortunately I have 2 tests coming up and I surely can't miss them."  " I get it dear.  Just stay safe and call me if you need anything," mom said with a concern in her tone. I smiled back and assured her again, "Don't worry mom, I'm strong and I can manage myself." We continued our conversation while talking about casual random topics. Soon after cleaning the dishes, I went back to my room. I closed the door and lied down on the bed. I started thinking about what I will do when mom won't be home.

I kept thinking about things as I started talking to myself. "Woah having the whole house to myself would be so much fun! I'm going to stuff my stomach with loads and loads of unhealthy food and probably have a movie marathon with Jihoon and Soa." While thinking about all the things I will do, I don't even know when I went into the slumber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hey y'all, I'm morkleeswatermelon25. I hope you all are happy and healthy. This is my first time writing a fanfic so kindly help and let me know what you all think about my writing or if there are any mistakes which I can improve. I really hope you enjoy the story. I'll keep you all updated  :)

 I'll keep you all updated  :)