Med-Jack

"It's bad, Newt. And I don't know how to stop it."

Clint, Jeff, and I had help moving the new girl into a room in the med-jack hut. The three of us stared blankly at each other not sure what else we could do. 

"I say we just let her sleep," I say quietly to not disturb Alby in the next room over. 

"What if she's dying," Jeff asked. "We can't just let her die."

"Well, what do you suggest we do? We don't have a diagnosis. She hasn't said anything except Thomas and you." I shoot back. I didn't like this girl already. 

Jeff sighed and looked at Clint for back-up but he just shrugged. No matter how much Jeff wanted to say otherwise, none of us knew what we were doing. Gladers had died, sure. But she just wasn't waking up. How do you fix that?

"Come on, Y/N, don't be difficult." Jeff starts. "You neither Clint."

"I'm not being difficult."

Cling and I say at the same time. Both of us stand next to each other with our arms crossed. Yeah, we're being difficult. 

"You know what, Jeff?" I raise my voice. "If you're so smart- fix her." I wave a hand dismissively at the girl then turn to head out but I run into someone. 

"Shit, sorry," I say when I realize it's Newt.

"It's alright love, what's going on?" He asks looking at me who looks at Clint who looks at Jeff who looks at the girl. Children. All of them. 

Newt looks at the unconscious girl. "What's the matter with her, why won't she wake up?" The questions seem agitated. 

"Hey, man, I got my job the same way you did," Jeff responds with a shrug. We all crowd around the girl's bed, hoping maybe she'd wake up and give us answers. I for one hope she never wakes up.

The frustration finally gets to me and I turn around and leave. No one follows me, probably a good idea. I wasn't jealous, I would know if it was. This was something more than that. Like we knew each other and the memories had drifted over. 

I walked through the woods until I hit the large bushes and pushed them open revealing our spot. I walked to one of the rocks and pressed my back against it. I could finally breathe for the first time in a while. 

The craziness of the last couple of days has taken its toll on me and I didn't like this feeling. Feeling helpless. I felt weak. I don't know why, nothing has happened to make me feel like this but I was anxious. And for what?

"Y/N?" I hear the one voice I could actually bear to hear. "You alright? You seemed a bit ticked off."

"Yeah, I'm alright." I weakly smile as Newt slides next to me and wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer. "Stressed, I guess."

He nods knowing he doesn't need to say anything. I just want to sit here and never get up. Ever. 

"You ever seen her before?" He whispers to me. 

I shake my head. "No, but I feel like I've met her." I take my head off his shoulder and he retracts his arm from around me. "Newt, I don't like her." I look him dead in the eyes. 

"Why's that?"

"There's something wrong. I felt it when Thomas came up and I feel it now, but stronger. Something's about to happen. Not just to me or them. To every single last one of us."

He looks a little upset but more fear was in his eyes. 

"It's bad, Newt. And I don't know how to stop it."

"What if you can't stop it?"

"I'll blame myself. I didn't tell anyone except you because I didn't want to come off like Gally did. I don't know, Newt. I'm going to go get some sleep." Then I pressed myself off the floor and walked to the homestead.