sixteen

The next few days were spent on preparation and planning and Chaerin was flooded with work from both the gang and the student council.

Chaerin walked into her first class of the day, an iced coffee in her hand and her bag in the other.

She sat beside Jeno who was talking to Renjun. She rested her head on the desk and let out a small groan.

"Long night?" Jeno asked.

"You look like crap Chae," Renjun laughed.

Chaerin lifted her head and glared at Renjun who was trying not to laugh.

"Wow thanks," she replied sarcastically and Jeno patted her back.

"What time did you sleep? You were still working when we left," Jeno asked.

"I don't know, 4? 5 am? It's unfair that Ten and Winwin get to sleep while I go to this hellhole,"

Renjun stuck his hand out to Chaerin and Chaerin immediately handed her drink to him.

"We're close to graduating anyway, just a little more," Renjun shrugged.

"You want to get food after this?" Chaerin asked as her teacher entered the class.

"Yeah, I'm game," Jeno answered and Renjun nodded in agreement. They then started to prepare their things for the class while Chaerin got her phone out to text the rest of the guys.

They started to be more cautious with everything that was going on so at least one or two of the older guys would fetch the group from school.

After she texted the guys and Yuta who was fetching them today, she texted Mark.

What time does your class end?

2:30
why what's up?

The guys and I are planning
to get food after class, want to come?
How about Lucas and the rest?

Yeah sure,
The rest unfortunately have
class until 4:30 though

She hid her phone after the teacher started taking attendance and whispered to Jeno and Renjun that Mark and the others were good to go.

• • •

"Damn you look like you went through a hurricane," Haechan said as a greeting to Chaerin.

"Thanks, I was trying to look like you today," Chaerin responded without missing a beat, smiling sarcastically at Haechan which he gladly returned.

"You missed the mark," He glared.

"And it starts," Chenle murmured to the rest of the group, who was just watching the banter between the two.

The seven began walking to the park with the cafe that was just 3 minutes away.

Mark was going to meet them there.

"Rock, paper, scissors, whoever loses pays," Haechan challenged Chaerin as they walked alongside together.

"Nobody interrupt," Jisung whispered to the others, "Free food and drinks either way,"

"Oh, bring it," Chaerin responded confidently.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

The girl jumped in joy and excitement.

"Best out of three," he said determinedly.

"No way," Chaerin crossed her arms, "I already won and we didn't agree to it beforehand," She grinned.

Before Haechan could reply, Chaerin cut him off.

"Everybody say thank you Hyuck!" Chaerin said to the rest of the group.

"Thank you Hyuck!" They laughed in unison, except for the one who paying today.

Mark arrived just in time as they just started ordering at the counter. They all sat in the booth and struck up random conversations.

Nobody mentioned anything regarding gang business as they didn't want to worry about it at this time.

Jisung kept on ranting about the five-page essay his teacher gave and Mark responded with 'that was nothing compared to what his professors give out'

"It is really that good?" Chaerin asked curiously as she observed how Jaemin enjoyed his coffee. He offered it before to her at the coffee shop he works at but she refused every time.

"It's perfect," He gestured with his hands, "Try it this once," He slid the cup over to her and Chaerin picked it up, uncertainty lining her features.

She glanced skeptically in Jaemin's direction who only grinned at her and gave her a thumbs-up before taking a sip.

Her eyes slightly widened as the taste registered in her mouth. She quickly looked at Jaemin who raised his eyebrows at her reaction.

"Surprisingly I actually like that," she said studying the coffee in her hands further.

"See I told you, It's perfect!" He raised his hand to high-five Chaerin and this caught the attention of the other members.

"You like his coffee?" Renjun asked appalled, "It's too bitter!"

The rest of the time then continued with them debating coffee and drink flavors until Yuta came to fetch them.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010