Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S POV:

"I know we've been together for only 3 years and maybe that's not a very long time" he said, holding hands with his partner, "but trust me, it's not just this baby shower.. I've been wanting to ask you this for very long.. I'm so sure about everything that has to do with you.. I'm so ready to take our relationship to the next level.. only if you're willing"

"Oh my god, are you suggesting we adopt a baby?" Eric asked the boy in front of him.

"Um, yes" the boy said sheepishly, "I know you don't really believe in marriages, neither do I.. but I still want to experience domestic life with you Eric.. you're THE one for me.. I know it"

Eric blushed, Jake had always been a very passionate person in literally everything. His ways to express love were sometimes extreme but so cute that it always warmed his heart. He was forever grateful to y/n for setting up a blind date with Jake.

"Jake, I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend.. and yes, I'd love to start a family with you" Eric squeezed his boyfriend's hands, "I love you so much"

"I love you more" Jake cupped Eric's face and kissed him.

Back to you:

Your heart was fluttering like crazy looking at Eric and Jake.. you were so happy for them..

Jake had told you about his idea to ask Eric about this and you knew how serious Eric was about Jake. He said that he wouldn't make it a huge deal but he wanted to do it during Maia's baby shower. He asked you to be with him as his emotional support.

They are so different from each other, Eric and Jake...but they fit so well together..

Maia and Diego were expecting their first child. They got married last year after dating for about 4 years.. Diego planned the most romantic proposal for your best friend.. she didn't deserve anything less..You had helped him with the arrangements, but he handled the part where they had to go to Turkey and then proposed her under the beautiful sky full of hot air balloons...

They are totally made for each other..

And you, you were sitting at the bar.... looking at your best friends, who were ready to settle.. you felt so delighted at the sight. They were so happy, Maia and Diego were getting a proper pregnancy photoshoot while Eric and Jake were wrapped in each other's embrace..

Why there was a bar at a baby shower, you had no idea.. but you suspected that it was for you...

You were feeling extremely single looking at your friends.. not that you weren't happy with your life.. you were working in the best laboratory of (your country) as a researcher, currently awaiting a response on your research proposal which you had been working on for 1.5 years, you had a very loving family, you had an amazing friend circle who cared so much about you, you were gonna be an aunt, very soon.. but your lack of love life was still a pain...a single, 25 year old loner..

You were drinking to get rid of your sorrows, drinking alone in silence when someone sat beside you;