Ch-45

Chen Ruo Yu blushed and looked transfixed at Dr. Meng Gu standing by the door.  Gao Yu Lan felt very embarrassed and was thinking about how to play down the situation when Dr. Meng Gu snorted then turned around and left.
Chen Ruo Yu lowered her head sadly and pinched the bedsheet tightly her fingers.
Yin Ze grinned as he limped into the room on his crutches and Gao Yu Lan asked.  “Why are the two of you here?”
“I was worried you may encounter problems that you can’t settle regarding the hospital or something like that which Meng Gu is more familiar with.”
But it was only that no one expected when they rushed over, they would walk directly into their conversation.
‘Cold ass’ is a wonderful description and Yin Ze decided it would be the new nickname for Dr. Meng Gu.
Chen Ruo Yu whispered.  “Thank you to everyone, I’m fine.”
Yin Ze casually looked for a chair to sit down and asked.  “Have you contacted your family yet?”

Chen Ruo Yu shook her head.  “I was thinking to call them as soon as I leave the hospital but didn’t expect they were coincidently looking for me these few days.”

“Meng Gu said you were beaten up and was injured.  Do you still have a problem with that matter?”  Yin Ze asked directly to the point.  Personal safety is very important and if this involves nasty people, it is better to find ways to resolve it.
“That matter is already settled.  It was reported to the police and the company had dealt with it.”  Chen Ruo Yu was still feeling sad with her head bowed.

“What happened?”
“It’s now okay.  It was only that one of my clients was injured in an accident and should have received insurance compensation but the person who hit him denied being in the wrong.  Since there was no camera or traffic police so there was no conclusive evidence.  If both statements were not the same then my client won’t be able to get compensation.  He had to take care of his child and his life was already hard.  Since he had spent money on buying insurance, I just can’t ignore him.”  She looked up at Gao Yu Lan, then lowered her head and whispered.  “I can’t bear to see someone being wronged and I don’t want to hide.”
When Gao Yu Lan heard, she felt sad as the matter did not affect only her.  She reached out and held Chen Ruo Yu’s hand.  “Don’t go too far following your heart.”
Chen Ruo Yu shook her head and forced a smile.  “Actually it was nothing but I have never handled such a big problem before.  I didn’t expect those people to really hit me, that’s why I was beaten up.  I didn’t dare to tell my family and then my family kept asking me about my job which frightened me, and then……..”  And then, it was the case of a hot face sticking to a cold ass……my heart was hurt.
Chen Ruo Yu stopped and did not say any more.  After thinking for a while, she said.  “To speak the truth, it was because I am not strong enough.  My heart was not strong enough to endure the pressure and coupled with several matters piled up together, it was too difficult for me to bear.  Just at that time, I fell sick and was hospitalized.  Therefore, I thought of changing my cell phone number to have some quiet time to myself and didn’t think my actions would alarm everyone.  I’m truly sorry.”
Yin Ze thought for a while then looked at Gao Yu Lan and said.  “Well, if you still have trouble with those people, let us know.  All of us are friends and if we can help, we will definitely help you.”

“If you want to look for someone to talk to, you can look for me.  Don’t just keep it to yourself.”  Gao Yu Lan said.
“Um……”  Chen Ruo Yu nodded in reply.  “I’m truly sorry about this.  I messed up and caused so much trouble for everybody.”  Gao Yu Lan hastily comforted her and told her it was alright and also said the most important thing is that she is fine now.

So the three people sat in the ward and talked for a while, then Chen Ruo Yu said.  “Just now about that ‘hot face’ matter, I didn’t mean it.  Please help me to apologize to Dr. Meng Gu……tell him I’m sorry and tell him not to feel angry.”
“It doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter, don’t worry.”  Yin Ze confidently waved his hand, then sighed and smiled.  “It makes one feel happy just to see that guy get angry.”
The two women looked at him with their faces full of black lines.  Yin Ze lifted his eyebrows and added.  “Happiness is a good thing.”
Just as he finished talking, Meng Gu strode in.  After looking at the expressions on the faces of the three people in the room he turned to Yin Ze and asked.  “Are you talking about me again?”