Ch-47

When Gao Yu Lan reached home, Yin Ze came forward happily to greet her.  “My dear, you’re back.  Your husband is lonely.”
She felt a bit down after the telephone call from Chen Ruo Yu and was in no mood to banter with Yin Ze.  She took off her shoes and tossed her handbag aside then hugged Yin Ze.  She snuggled into his embrace and did not want to move.
Whenever she felt sad and depressed, she would be able to find comfort in Yin Ze’s arms.
“What’s the matter?”  Yin Ze patted her and carried her to the sofa where the two of them cuddled together.
Feeling depressed, she shook her head and hugged him without speaking.
Yin Ze did not ask any further, kissed her gently on the top of her head, and hugged her in silence.
After a long time, she finally said in a muffled voice.  “Yin Ze, I know some people are bad, will create rumors and will lay stones at the bottom of the well* but I didn’t think my friend would be so much worse than what I imagined her to be.  A friend that I had grown up with……tell me, why is life like this?”
(Lay stones at the bottom of well means a person who does not help someone in times of trouble and instead create a more troublesome situation for that someone.)

As soon as she finished speaking, Yin Ze gave her a knock on her head.  “Little girl, why do you pretend to be solemn?  At your young age, is it your turn to sigh about life?  Wait until our hair has turned white and we’re unable to move as we nestled on the sofa, then that time you can talk to me about life.”

She twitched her lips, raised her head to look at him, and stretched out her hand to touch the fine lines at the corner of his eyes.
“Hey, hey……didn’t we agree you’re not to touch my wrinkles?!”

His expression and tone made her smiled and he tilted his head sideways to bite her hand.  Gao Yu Lan withdrew her hand and continued to nest in his arms without wanting to move.
Yin Ze let her leaned on him and both of them did not move nor speak.  After a long time, Yin Ze’s phone suddenly rang and she nudged him.  “Your phone.”
“Hmm…..”
“Quick, pick it up.”
“My dear when you have your whole weight pressing down on my leg, can you not give me any command to move?”
“Go, go, go……”  She wanted to poke fun at him.

“Then you should ‘go‘ first.”
“No, no, no.”  She just did not want to move and as she finished speaking, suddenly she had a feeling of lightness and her whole body was carried up.  She jumped with fright and shouted while Yin Ze laughed at her.  He carried her into the bedroom and threw her on the bed, then picked up his call.  He listened for a while then answered with a few grunts and then said ‘okay’ to the person on the other side.

He hung up the call then pounced on the bed to tickle Gao Yu Lan which made her laughed loudly while she dodged and hid from him.  The two of them played around for a while and then Yin Ze stopped.  He pushed back the strands of hair on her face and kissed her.  “Look…….it’s good to laugh more and you’ll be more spirited.  Don’t sulk again.  There will always be someone who will make you unhappy, so don’t be bothered about them.  Live your own life and think more of happy things.”
Gao Yu Lan smiled while nodding her head and said.  “Yin Ze, you won’t be like the other bad people who lied to me and bullied me, right?”
“Of course, you little idiot.”  Yin Ze lowered his head, pecked on her lips, and then gave her a few more kisses.  Then he lowered his head further and kissed her deeply.
“Yin Ze…….”  Gao Yu Lan hugged him tightly.  This man loved her wholeheartedly, had encouraged and pulled her out of the lowest point in her life…….she wholeheartedly loved him and wholeheartedly depended on him.

He kissed her again and again and was reluctant to release her.  Gao Yu Lan reached up to touch the fines lines at the corner of his eyes.  He laughed at her and when he laughed, the fine lines became deeper.
“Hey, hey, it was agreed you’re not to touch.”  He shouted while he pinned her on the bed and did not want to move.  “Unfortunately, we have to go out.”
“Where are we going?”