Ch-48

Yin Ze was taken aback.  He turned off the ignition, slowly turned his head around to look at Gao Yu Lan and said.  “I know.”
She froze for a moment then looked straight at him and asked.  “Who is she?”
Yin Ze tapped his fingers on the steering wheel and thought for a while before he said.  “Can we discuss this at home?”
Gao Yu Lan opened her mouth and was about to say something but held back.  Instead, she nodded and then both of them got out of the car and went into the elevator.  When Yin Ze reached out to hold her hand she did not refuse.
After they went into the house, the two people sat down on the sofa.  Yin Ze patted her hand and asked.  “Do you want some warm water?”
Gao Yu Lan shook her head and he asked again.  “Why did you suddenly think of asking this question today?”
“Why didn’t you tell me earlier that you knew?”
“You didn’t ask me.”  Yin Ze said.  “But this is not the point.  Since you didn’t ask me, so I thought it’s better not to take the initiative to mention this.”

“Why?”

“Because this concerns a girl’s privacy.”
Gao Yu Lan felt very sad.  Obviously, she was the victim but the person she loved said that to protect another person’s privacy, he had concealed from her the information that she considered as very important.

She lowered her head and did not speak and Yin Ze gathered her into his arms.  “Are you angry with me because of this?”
She shook her head and could not describe the feelings in her heart.  Actually, she understood that even if she knew the identity of Wen Sha’s girlfriend, she could not change anything.  Before this, she was not even concerned about the identity of Wen Sha’s girlfriend, so why should she be bothered now?  It has nothing to do with her.
However, to say that this matter did not concern her and not telling her about it are two different things.  She could not suppress the sadness in her heart.  Her boyfriend placed more value on another girl than her.
“If the two of us were to fall into the river at the same time, who will you save first?”
She did not hear his reply but only felt his chest shaking and when she looked up, she saw him laughing.
She gnashed her teeth and smacked him hard.

“What’s so funny?”
“It’s funny to ask such a tasteless and unoriginal question.”  Yin Ze pinched her nose.  “Why is it that whenever  a serious matter reaches you, it becomes something funny?”

Gao Yu Lan gave him another hard slap.  “Don’t interrupt.  I like to ask this type of question.  You are concerned about her privacy but what about my feelings?  You know Wen Sha is so hateful and it was she who used despicable means to make me lose my job and destroyed my reputation.  She said she wanted to protect her lover, then I should also have the right to know who the other person is that had caused me such suffering.”
“Well, I’ll answer you…….. before you have the chance to fall into the river, I’ll teach you to swim.”
“This is different……this is an assumption that I know how to swim before falling into the river but it’s not the question I asked.”
Yin Ze laughed again and kissed her.  “This little girl is now smart.”

Gao Yu Lan snorted and then said.  “Answer the question again and let me hear what you have to say.”
“My answer is still the same.  I’ll teach you to swim before you fall into the river.”
“What if I just can’t swim?”

“Then you are not worthy of my love.”  Yin Ze said this gently but it pierced heavily into her heart.  She stared at Yin Ze but he was smiling at her.
“Feeling satisfied for not being able to swim, refused to learn, and have messy thoughts of whether other people will come to save you or not……..tell me, do you think such a person is worthy of my love?”
Gao Yu Lan stared and stared at him.  Suddenly she hammered him with her fists.  “You are the most hateful and I hate you the most!”

“Alright, alright, I’m the most hateful.”  Yin Ze hugged her in his arms.  “Do you feel better now?”
“No.”  Gao Yu Lan was still annoyed and threw a temper.
“Then shall I sing you a song?”
“No.”
“Dance?”
“No.”