Ch-53

“Sure, why not?”  Gao Yu Lan really wanted to poke her chopsticks into Qi Na’s nostrils.
“Good….”  Qi Na felt very satisfied with Gao Yu Lan for accepting her battle challenge.  “Tell Chen Ruo Yu to come as well.  It has been a long time since I’ve seen her.”  After she finished speaking, she twisted her waist and walked away.
“Fall !  Fall !  Fall !……”  Yin Ze stared evilly at Qi Na’s high heeled shoes and cursed but unfortunately, she walked steadily out of their sight.  He turned his head around to face Gao Yu Lan, then complained and acted spoilt.  “Wife, the method of using eyes to kill doesn’t work.  She doesn’t even fall wearing those high heeled shoes.”
Gao Yu Lan added more food into his bowl.  “Eat more and practice more.  The next time it will work.”
He smiled and said with flattery.  “Thank you, my wife, for your encouragement.”
“Who is your wife?”  She blushed and added more food into his bowl.  Yin Ze then bumped his shoulder against her and glanced at her.  “Wife, this Spring Festival I’ll bring my Elder Sister and Niu Niu back here to celebrate New Year since we are one family.  Then I’ll accompany you to that old classmates gathering……such a fun occasion mustn’t leave me out.”
“You still want to come for Spring Festival?”
“Of course!  I haven’t enjoyed the warmth of a large family for many years.  It’s sad when you don’t get to celebrate New Year with Mom and Dad.  Let me come and I’ll bring all my family members so we can have a joyful, lively New Year.”

Gao Yu Lan bit on her chopsticks and thought about it.  “This……we’ll talk about this after you’ve successfully cross today’s obstacle at my house.”

Meeting the parents!!
Yin Ze felt a bit nervous.  Not to mention this is the first time in his life he is meeting his girlfriend’s parents but even with his own parents, he had not seen them for many years.  He had acted as a parent and had made his own decisions for such a long time that he did not know how the young and old generations get along.  This time meeting her parents, will they like him?

He became more and more restless.  After their lunch, he held onto Gao Yu Lan’s hand and insisted on buying gifts for his future parents-in-law.  “I can’t go to your house empty-handed.  Quick, help me think about what is best to buy for them.”
Gao Yu Lan was carrying several boxes of packed food.  The two of them obviously could not finish the whole table of food he had ordered.  After Mr. Yin had tasted all the dishes, he wanted to leave but as a virtuous assistant, she certainly would not allow him to waste food, so she had all the leftover food packed up.  And now she proposed.  “This is not considered empty-handed.  There are so many dishes here and they rarely get to eat this type of good food, so they will feel happy.”
Yin Ze’s face was full of black lines.  “Lan Lan, are you very dissatisfied with me?  How can I gift my future parents-in-law with leftover food at my first meeting with them?”
His little bun really has the nerve to give the old folks leftover food as gifts!  It’s a wonder she can even think of it!
“We shouldn’t waste.”  Gao Yu Lan pondered and then pulled his sleeve.  “Why don’t we buy the gift I saw yesterday?  Let it be a gift from the two of us, a gift for your first meeting, and a birthday gift from me, okay?”
“Lan Lan, ah…..I’m very touched that you are wholeheartedly helping me to save money.  Your elbows are bending outwards*, I feel very touched.”

(Elbows bending outwards means helping others but not the people close to you)
Yin Ze covered his heart and said.  “BUT …..!”  The word ‘But’ was deeply emphasized.  “I’m reluctantly announcing that Yin Gao Shi*, your advisory position for gifting is immediately disqualified and everything will be decided by this Lordship himself.”

(Shi denotes that the person is a family member or clan member.  So here GYL is referred to as a woman married into the Yin Family with the husband’s surname in first place followed by the wife’s surname.)
His accentuated speech made Gao Yu Lan punch him.  “Acting again!”
Miss Gao kept scolding but finally agreed to his Lordship, Mr. Yin’s suggestion to buy a lot of fruits and supplements as gifts.  They also bought tea for Gao Father and red wine for Gao Mother.  Finally, the two people carried several big and small bags home.
When they reached home, they found both Gao Father and Gao Mother at home.  Gao Yu Lan asked in surprise.  “Dad, don’t you have to work today?”