Ch-54

Although Yin Ze had pleased his future parents-in-law, he also knew it was a prolonged war to marry his wife and it could not be accomplished by simply just coaxing and making the elders happy.  So he still had to observe closely and see what else he could do to strengthen his position as a son-in-law in Gao Family.
As a result, he discovered that Gao Father and Gao Mother were Lan Lan’s biological parents.  As dinner time approached, Yin Ze said he would cook but the whole family had the same attitude.  “Don’t cook.  The food brought back in the afternoon is enough.”
Yin Ze’s face was full of black lines.  He felt it was impolite to bring the leftover food back as a gift but the two elders and his future wife were truly polite to invite him to eat the leftover food as their guest.  And as Gao Yu Lan had said, the two elderly were very satisfied with the standard of the leftover food.  However, because the two of them had ordered so many dishes when both of them went out to eat and they had only eaten a few mouthfuls from each dish, the elders expressed dissatisfaction over their actions and they were nagged by the elders for nearly 20 minutes.
In the end, it was Gao Yu Lan who had to explain.  She said Yin Ze operates a restaurant and had to taste other restaurant food which was necessary for his work.  Anyway, all the leftover food was packed and no food was wasted at all which eventually made Gao Father stopped nagging.
When Yin Ze introduced himself as a chef earlier, Gao Mother had heard but it was only now that she had a sense of reality.  She excitedly said to Yin Ze.  “I’ve also copied a dish and since you are a professional, you can give me your opinion.  Both father and daughter always say the food I cook is not good.”
Yin Ze then agreed.
As a result, Gao Mother cooked a plate of vegetables.
Gao Yu Lan played dumb for the entire time.  Gao Father conscientiously brought out chopsticks and bowls and seriously began to eat.  So Gao Mother stared at Yin Ze as he took the first mouthful of the vegetable which was the vegetables that Gao Mother had cooked.  With a happy smile, Gao Mother squinted her eyes and looked at Yin Ze with anticipation.  “How is the taste?”

Gao Yu Lan actually felt a bit sympathetic towards Yin Ze.  The vegetable is obviously over-fried and soft, what else can be said?  It is not easy to answer.

She kicked Gao Father under the table and Gao Father had a bitter expression while Gao Yu Lan glared at him.  Gao Father was forced to speak.  “Wife, eat more food.  There is so much food here and all of this must be finished.  It will not be good to have any more leftovers.”
Gao Mother answered she understood and continued to ask Yin Ze.  “How?  Are the vegetables I cooked, delicious?”

“It tasted just like Mother’s cooking.”  Yin Ze was holding a bowl and said the true feelings in his heart.  “It has been a long time, I’ve not tasted Mother’s cooking.  I’m so moved.”  Looking at his expression, Gao Yu Lan did not actually know whether he was telling the truth or not.  He added.  “When I was a kid, I didn’t like to eat vegetables.  My mother always scolded me because of this.  When I sat down at the table, she would give me vegetables.  Later when I wanted to eat her vegetables, I never had the chance anymore.”
These words made Gao Father and Gao Mother feel pity for him.  They picked up more food for him and also pampered him which made Gao Yu Lan admire him tremendously.  After this meal, Yin Ze was upgraded to the position of Gao Father and Gao Mother’s own son while Gao Yu Lan classmate was downgraded to an adopted child.

The next day is Gao Father’s birthday.  Yesterday, his son, Mr. Yin Ze had promised to cook a feast for his birthday.  Early in the morning, Yin Ze went to the Gao Family’s house and the first thing he did was to enter Gao Yu Lan’s room to express his lovesick sorrow of not seeing her last night.  Then he followed his future mother-in-law and his future wife to buy raw ingredients for the feast.
All along the way, Gao Mother talked to him and asked whether he slept comfortably in the hotel, what he likes to eat and Yin Ze answered all her questions.  He bought a lot of food, a lot of condiments and chatted with Gao Mother a lot of things about cooking.  He also said.  “Mom, don’t worry.  After I’ve married Lan Lan, I’ll take care of all the cooking.”
When Gao Mother heard this, she felt very happy as she knew her daughter’s cooking level is not good.  It is a good thing to be able to find someone who can cook and is willing to cook and that is a blessing.  But she still had to say.  “You can’t spoil her.  If she is supposed to learn, then let her learn.  She should also do a bit more housework.”
Yin Ze continuously answered in the affirmative and then winked and smiled at Gao Yu Lan.  Gao Yu Lan glared at him and pinched his palm.  Yin Ze did not hold back and pulled her over to kiss her.  Gao Mother’s old face turned red and she hurriedly turned a blind eye, pretending not to notice.