Ch-62

Gao Father was responsible for accompanying Niu Niu while Gao Mother was responsible for inquiring about gossip news of Guo Qiu Chen and Yin Ning from Gao Yu Lan.  Yin Ze was in the kitchen preparing the New Year’s Eve dinner in the kitchen by himself.  The whole family divided up their responsibilities and at the time when everything was in a frenzy, Yin Ning returned.
Suddenly the house was quiet for a few seconds before Niu Niu rushed up and asked.  “Mom, did Uncle Xiao Guo say when he is taking me to the amusement park?”
Yin Ning rubbed her little head and said.  “Uncle Xiao Guo is busy.  It’s New Year, he doesn’t have time to take Niu Niu out to play.”
Gao Father quickly said.  “If Niu Niu still wants to go to the amusement park, Grandpa will take you tomorrow.”
“Okay.”  The little child was soon happy again, skipped towards Gao Father to resume her game of flying chess.  Yin Ning smiled at her then turned and went into the kitchen.  Gao Yu Lan was afraid something may have happened and quickly followed behind her.
Yin Ning did not say much.  Of course, she noticed Yin Ze and Gao Yu Lan’s inquiring expressions and while she was helping to wash vegetables, she casually said.  “Mr. Xiao Guo had only said what was in his heart.  You should have known about this.”
“Wow…..”  Gao Yu Lan suddenly became excited.  “He finally said it.  Sister Yin Ning, how did you reply to him?”
“I……”  Yin Ning paused.  “Actually, it can be considered as I didn’t give him an answer.”

Gao Yu Lan was stunned for a moment.

Did not give him an answer……does that mean after listening to him, she did not speak?  That is also considered good  At least there is a chance for further development.
Then Yin Ning in a small voice again.  “Actually, I’ve rejected him…….”

Gao Yu Lan was stunned again.
So, ‘didn’t give him an answer’ meant she rejected him, ah……  It is also correct.  She did not agree and if she did not say she would think it over that meant she had turned him down gracefully.  Gao Yu Lan’s face wrinkled up and thought it was such a pity…….
“But…….”
As a result, just when Gao Yu Lan was feeling regretful, Yin Ning’s word made her widen her mouth in surprise.  In the end, there was still a ‘but’…….it’s so complicated!
The expressions of shock and surprise on Gao Yu Lan’s face changed so rapidly that it made Yin Ze laughed.  Gao Yu Lan elbowed him and said.  “This is a serious matter, why are you laughing?”
Yin Ning also laughed.  “Lan Lan, do your expressions have to be so plentiful?”

Then Yin Ze pulled Gao Yu Lan over and kissed her.  “You love to worry.  Just with listening to gossips, you are so affected.”  As soon as he finished speaking, Yin Ning and Gao Yu Lan hit him with their iron palms and the sounds ‘pa’ was exceptionally loud.  Right at this moment, Gao Mother walked in to check on the three people in the kitchen and witnessed Yin Ze being bullied by the two women.
Gao Mother glared at Gao Yu Lan and felt distressed for Yin Ze.  “Ah Ze, are you tired?  Why don’t you rest for a while before you continue?”

“I’m not tired.  I’m not tired.”  Yin Ze answered.  When he saw Gao Mother glaring at Gao Yu Lan who was pouting unhappily, he said.  “Help me to bring over that big bowl of squid.”
Gao Yu Lan slowly moved away while Yin Ning quietly continued to wash the vegetables that were already very clean.  Yin Ze smiled at Gao Mother and said.  “Mom, take a rest first.  We will get this done very quickly.”
Gao Mother looked around and nodded.  “If you need help, just call me.”  After Yin Ze answered in the affirmative, she left to join Gao Father in the living room and fought with him over Niu Niu.
Gao Yu Lan watched as Gao Mother left the kitchen and then hurried over to Yin Ning while hugging the bowl of squid.  “Sister Yin Ning, in the end, what have you decided?  In fact, Mr. Xiao Guo is a good man.  Doesn’t he get along well with Niu Niu?”

After she finished speaking, she was knocked on the head by Yin Ze and Gao Yu Lan said to Yin Ning.  “Sister Yin Ning, tell me secretly and don’t tell Yin Ze.  Obviously, he also wants to know but he is bullying me.”
Yin Ning laughed and Gao Yu Lan’s face was pulled over by Yin Ze who gave her a bite on her cheek.  Gao Yu Lan was not happy and gave him two hard slaps.  Yin Ning coughed twice and said.  “Why don’t the two of you stop for a while?  I’m scared that Yin Ze will put the wrong seasonings into the New Year’s Eve dinner and all the dishes turn out sweet.”
Gao Yu Lan blushed and her elbows nudged Yin Ze.  “Don’t disturb me.  I want to have a serious talk with Sister Yin Ning.”