chapter thirteen

CHAPTER ELEVENMEDICAL PROBLEMS

CHAPTER ELEVEN
MEDICAL PROBLEMS

THE DOCTORS SAID YOU'RE BECOMING TOO WEAK, THIS PLACE WILL HELP YOU RECOVER.

MINSOO FOCUS

Minsoo's throat felt like sandpaper. It was rough and dry. She was parched and uncomfortable.

It took her a second but she finally felt her eyes adjusting to the new room she was in. She could hear beeping to the left of her and turned to realize she was in a hospital room.

She looked down at the needles and things poking into her arm, making it uncomfortably cold. She tried moving it but a warp of plain flashed through her head, making her wince.

"What the hell..." she looked at her arm with confusion, not remembering a thing that happened before she blacked out.

The doors to her hospital room opened up. In walked her mother dressed in a dark purple dress with her long hair draped down her back. She hadn't noticed Minsoo, as she messed around with the flowers in her hand.

She hummed to herself as she walked over to a flower vase in the corner of the room, placing the flowers inside prettily and spacing them out.

The soft pink and yellow colors of the flowers complimented the greenery in the vase as well, the entire thing going hand in hand together.

My favorite colors.

"Mom?"

Her mother jumped at Minsoo's voice, holding onto her chest with her right hand. She quickly let it drop as her eyes returned to their normal soft ones she always had when she looked at Minsoo.

"Sweetheart..." she said softly, walking over to her daughter. Her arm outstretched towards Minsoo as she affectionally rubbed her hair.

"What happened?" Minsoo asked quietly, her voice not feeling very strong.

Her mother's smile flattened slightly as she looked at her daughter with glossy eyes, "we aren't too sure. You had left for the cafe and suddenly the police were called. When they got there you were the only one inside and unconscious. It happened nearly three days ago."

It happened nearly three days ago.

"I was in a coma?" Her eyes widened, partially sitting up before her eyes closed as pain rushed farther through her body.

Her mother got closer, helping her lower herself back onto the bed comfortably. "Carefully, Minnie." She said. "You're still weak from everything. But to answer your question, yes, you were in a coma. But since you're awake now it's probably best for me to call the doctor in."

Minsoo nodded, her body still in a bit a pain, making her want to stay silent. Her mother kissed her forehead before exiting the room. Shortly after walked in a tall woman, her heels clicking against the floor.

For some reason, just looking at her gave Minsoo the chills. Something about her pitch-black hair and dead-looking eyes matched with a wide smile sent chills through her body.

"It's nice to finally see you awake, Minsoo." She started, flipping through different papers in a folder. She walked over to the computer turned away from Minsoo, typing some things inside.

"I'm sure you have plenty of questions and I would love to answer them but first we need to get down to business. Three days ago you were found passed out in an empty cafe. You were then brought here and have been in that bed ever since. While you were unconscious the doctors tried running tests and have found that your medical history shows some complications. We've spoken with your mother and others and have decided that it is best that you are to be taken to one of our medical facilities for the time being. There, we will learn more about your conditions and what all is happening inside of you. Any questions?"

Minsoo looked at the older woman with shock. Well, wait, no, the doctor didn't look that old. If anything, she looked quite young to be a doctor.

Something feels wrong.

Minsoo laid quietly on the bed as she examined the doctor. Due to her silence, the said Doctor gave her another smile, coming towards her with a syringe.

She flinched at the sight but the doctor only laughed, "jumpy around needles, are we? Don't worry, I won't be poking you today. Instead it needs to go in here," she informed Minsoo, grabbing one of the tubes connected to a bag.

She used the syringe to push some kind of liquid into and just as Minsoo was about to ask what it was for, she felt her body begin to shut down once again.