chapter fifteen

CHAPTER THIRTEENUNHAPPY

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
UNHAPPY

GET BACK HERE AND HELP ME, YOU BRAT.

EUNHA FOCUS

He's gone. The boy wasn't there.

Eunha's head stung with blood as she tried to get up. The honking and other sounds from outside of the bus didn't make anything easier on her.

The others inside the bus were just as confused as to what was going on and cried out.

Eunha's eyes darted to the now broken bus door. It was laying against the road outside. They were sideways. Her first thought was to get out of the bus. Get out before anyone arrived and she was forced to go to that nasty home.

She stood up carefully, her feet unstable against the side of the bus. She walked carefully over to one of the emergency openings at the top of the bus and used the last of her strength to push it open.

Alarms sounded as it was opened but she didn't care. She tucked her necklace into her pants pocket and gripped onto her backpack straps before exiting the bus.

A few others followed her out but stopped just outside the bus while Eunha carried on, walking as fast as she could.

The intersection they had been at was close to a lot of gas stations and fast food places for when people were going on road trips. She decided to make her way there and come up with a plan further.

As she walked, she wiped some of the blood on the side of her head away. It was a hot and weird feeling but she ignored the stinging. She was only a few meters away from the nearest gas station when she heard a voice.

"Hey, you."

She was tempted to turn around and see who was talking but didn't. They were probably just someone from the crash coming to ask if she was okay or someone coming to ask if she needed a lift. The answer to both questions, no.

A few more steps were taken until she heard the voice once again. "Hey!"

She huffed but still decided to turn around. She gasped seeing the person in front of her.

It was a male. No more than twenty years old, if that. He looked hurt. He had bruises and cuts around his body and it looked like he had been drenched in water. The one thing that just messed with Eunha was that he didn't look.. alive.

"Are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna help me out?" He asked. His voice was laced with a large amount of hate, he sounded mean.

She turned away in a hurry and picked up her feet, running at a faster pace. Whatever that thing was, she didn't want to get involved with it.

"GET BACK HERE AND HELP ME, YOU BRAT!" She heard him yell.

She kept running. She could hear her footsteps against the pavement used for the roads but couldn't hear his. Bells began going off in her head as she was pulled into thought.

Why can't I hear his footsteps?

She looked ahead and realized she was still a far way from reaching the gas station. A blur went past her and made her stop in her tracks.

"LISTEN TO ME!"

She let out a scream seeing his face so close and started running once again in hopes to finally lose the man. Her hopes were crushed when she heard him yelling again.

"I JUST NEED YOUR HELP FOR A MOMENT!"

Her tears burned as they fell from her eyes. Her gut wanted to throw up anything inside seeing the bloodied man but she hadn't even had the chance to eat before leaving.

Her skin started to burn as she panicked more.

Just a bit farther. Just keep running. You can make it.

She was already running quite fast after the first time the man had tried to talk, or rather tried to yell, for her attention. But now she had broken into a sprint.

She finally crashed through the gas station door and fell to the ground. She could hear the cashier asking if she was okay but she was too focused on the man's figure running at her.

"You should have just listened to me!" He yelled.

Eunha screamed once again as he pushed his face all the way towards her. Wherever she looked, all she could see was his face.

Being so focused on trying to get away from the man she hadn't noticed the sirens of police cars closing in on her.

"Nice to see you've awakened, Eunha

"Nice to see you've awakened, Eunha."

The unnatural blonde girl looked around at her settings and realized she was now in a well-lit hospital room. It was quiet with only the doctor inside the room with her.

"Why am I here?" She asked immediately, her throat parched.

The doctor smiled at her, "you were in an accident. Afterward, you had gotten out of the bus but it seems that you're having hallucinations. The police brought you here."

Eunha gulped, she knew she wasn't experiencing hallucinations. "The man. What about the man?"

The doctor squinted at her with the same creepy smile, "there was no man. As I said before, you are suffering from hallucinations. It's been recommended by your home that you are placed into a mental institution so we can monitor you after your accident."

→ ♕

finally starting to mention the dream members next chapter. only took 16 chapters 🧘🏽‍♀️