XI

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

tatiana strolled through the hallways, her bag nestled under her arm, and the straps around her shoulder.

"have you seen your sister?" beck asked, running towards her.

"which one?" she asked blandly, not wishing to talk to the brunette boy.

"trina." he panted, obviously out of breath from running around on a search for her.

"no, sorry."

"it's just, i really need to find trina, she's spreading rumours about me and—" he spoke quickly.

"bye, not my problem." tati smiled bitterly, walking away from beck, and towards the stairs.

"hey, have you seen cat?" tori rushed up to her, hair covering her face.

"no." she huffed.

"i really need to find cat, we have a science project due tonmorow and—"

"tori. tori." tati rested her hand on her sister's shoulder.

"what?"

"i don't care." she smiled condescendingly, turning around to head up the stairs, bumping into jade for not looking where she was going.

"watch it." jade snapped.

tati rolled her eyes. "not today." she began to walk away, but the latter tugged her arm back.

"hey!" she furrowed her eyebrows. "what's wrong with you?"

"nothing. just tired." the brunette shrugged.

"what are you doing later?"

"i've got a date." tati lied, smirking.

"no you don't. with who?" jade fumed.

"i'm late for class— bye!" she hurried away quickly, just about managing to get away.

jade crossed her arms in annoyance, storming towards cat and tori.

"jade! if my brother lets us borrow his car will you drive tori and me to an old lady's house after school?" cat asked, clutching her textbooks.

"no." the latter slammed her locker shut, already irritated.

"wait!" tori dragged her back. "please? cat's really sad because this actress passed away last night and—"

"woah— she passed away just last night?"

"yeah...?"

"then, yeah. yeah, i'll drive you guys to her house."

"why'd you change your mind?" tori asked, concerned.

"because it's been less than twenty-four hours. which means her spirit is still lingering. so i'll be able to breathe in the fumes of her soul."

"maybe there's a bus we can take..." tori suggested to cat, put off.

"no!" the raven-haired girl yelled. "no, i'll take you. we can leave after sundown."

"why can't we just go after school?"

"i don't like driving in the daylight!"

"we have to get the top up on this car in case it starts raining again." tori sighed, as the three girls stopped in the gas station, their clothes all dripping wet from rain water.

"yeah, i'd hate to get all wet and disgusting." jade rolled her eyes.

"come on guys, let's just try and pull up the top ourselves."

"it's broken.." cat murmured.

"we know that!" the girls snapped, straining themselves to lift up the metal.

"does your brother has any tools in the car?"

"i think, in the trunk." the red-head replied.

jade opened the trunk, and her and tori jumped back at its contents.
"what... is this?" tori lifted up a bag of plastic feet, her jaw dropped open.

"don't worry, they're not real feet." cat assured.

"well, why does your brother have a bag of fake feet in his car?"

"i'm not gonna lie, my brother's pretty weird."

tori sighed, chucking the bag back into the trunk, and pulling out a crowbar instead. "let's just see if we can get the top up." she pushed up the metal, and with the help of cat and jade, it managed to loosen, and the girls began to pull the top over the car.

unfortunately, the end result was only the metal frame— the fabric missing from it.

"our car is topless." cat joked, giggling.

"you know, let's just go back to la." tori sighed, pulling out her phone. "i'm calling tatiana to come and get us."

"no!" cat cried. "you guys promised we could go to mona patterson's house, so i could light a candle and leave it by her front door. please."

"alright— let me just call tati and ask her to help us.."

"she has a date." jade told her.

contradicting the girl, tati answered the phone right away. "hey, tori, what's up?"

"can you please come and pick us up— we're stuck in a gas station outside of san diego—"

"we? who's we? and why the hell are you in san diego— do you know how far away that is?"

"me, cat and jade."

"jade? sorry, i can't come— i told jade i had a date tonight— just pretend i'm busy, please..."

"tatiana!" tori screamed into the phone, trying to stop her sister from hanging up.

a/n: sorry this isn't the best chapter and kinda boring, i've lost a bit of motivation atm w this book— as you may be able to tell, considering the slow updates— and yeah, i'm not really sure where the plot is going