Meeting the Team (again)

Before I did anything else, I explored the room. I opened every door, cabinet, and drawer. There was more stuff in this bedroom than I have ever owned. The closet had some clothes but not much, and the the drawers were filled with gadgets.

I finished my sweep of the room and laid back down on the feather-like mattress. I took a deep breath for what seemed like the first time in a while. I hopped up from the bed and waltzed into the bathroom.

It was like 2 in the afternoon but I was in need of a shower, a long one. I peeled my sweat soaked clothes off my body and let them drop to the floor. Then I stepped into the warm water of the shower. The hot water felt refreshing when it hit my skin.

After I finished the shower I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to the small closet. While browsing the small selection, someone knocked on the door.

"What?"

"Can I come in?" It was Bucky again.

"sure"

He turned the knob and I heard the door open. I was still looking through the clothes, not bothering to turn around. He sounded like he was about to say something, but he quickly stopped.

"Is this not a good time?"

I laughed quietly. "No it's fine."

"Oh ok, well uh since your staying with us we figured you should probably meet everyone again. Without you know trying to fight them?"

I rolled my eyes and turned around. "Is that really necessary?"

His cheeks turned a little red and he looked back up at my face.

"Well Tony asked me to grab you, and it's his tower so you probably should come. He's not so keen on you staying here."

Hm. Maybe I could get myself kicked out of here instead! Yea it was like a huge luxury staying here, but like i'm definitely better on my own.

I nodded. "Ok whatever, i'll be down in like 10 minutes."

He just nodded and continued to stare at me, still in my towel.

"Get out pretty boy."

His face turned red again and he smirked at me. Then he turned around and left. I laughed to myself. I wasn't much of a sight to see, so why the hell was he staring. But I guess even super soldiers are icky men.

After sorting through the clothes I found some sweatpants and a tank top. I got changed and dried my hair off as much as I could, I didn't bother to dry it all the way though. I looked at myself in the mirror. It's crazy how everything I knew changed in a matter of days.

————————————————————————
Flashback

The woman held the three year old in her arms as they took off in a small grey car. The child didn't say a thing. If she kept up like this, she would be perfect for them. They drove until they reached a small private airport. This is where they boarded a small plane and were flown across the ocean.

They landed in the countryside. Later the child learned she was in Russia. The woman got off the plane leaving the child inside. The little girl sat there clutching herself in her arms. Everything had just changed.

A few moment later a man boarded the plane with the woman. They spoke in a language the child didn't understand. 10 minutes later the two nodded in agreement and they walked towards the child. The woman sat back down in her seat and smiled as the man picked up the child and carried her off the plane.

End flashback
————————————————————————

I walked out of my room to find myself back in the hallway littered with doors. If I was being honest I didn't know where I was or where I was supposed to go. I just kinda stood there for a moment before making a decision. I walked left and continued down the hallway. It felt like I was walking in circles.

"Hellooooooooo"

No response. Then I heard a door open. I whipped my head around to see one of the doors creak open. There was a kid sticking his head out his door.

"Where am I supposed to meet everyone?"

The kids eyes widen and he facepalms himself.

"Oh uh yea follow me."

I followed him in silence. He must have been in high school still, he was young. We walked until we reached a big open space. On the left was a huge couch and a ginormous tv. The right of the room was the kitchen. There were several people gathered on the couch. Tony sat up when he saw the kid.

"I thought perhaps you weren't coming Pete."
The kids face turned red.

I looked over and saw the Falcons eyes roll all with Bucky's. Everyone else chuckled. Then their eyes settles on me. It was just kind of quiet for a moment as they stared.

"Hi?"

I couldn't sit in the silence anymore. Everyone continued staring until the Falcon stood up. He walks over to me.

"Sam Wilson, or the the falcon." He reached his hand out. I slowly shake his hand. This was too weird.

"Y/N  Y/L/N" He smiled and I tried to smile back. It was different when they were all sitting in the booth in the cafe. I thought I would never see them again. Let alone have to actually meet them.

One by one everyone started to get up. Almost everyone had introduced themselves.

"I probably don't need to introduce myself, everyone knows me already. It says it on the tower."

I roll my eyes. Bucky ushers me to the couch and I awkwardly sit down.

"So, tell us about yourself"

I looked up at Tony, who was still standing.

"Um, there's not much to know. I don't really know my parents, or where I was born, I've been on the run for a while, and I can move things with my mind."

Before anyone else can say anything Nat speaks up. "What's your story with Hydra?"

Everyone's eyes seem trained on me.

"Don't wanna talk about it" Everyone seems to let out a sigh. I try to look anywhere but at them.

"Ok well if that's it, then ima go back to my room now."

I stand back up, that couldn't have been anymore awkward.

"Since you're staying here you've gotta train with Steve. He starts at 5 am." Tony called after me. I slouched, that was gonna suck.