Imagination

I've always had a wild imagination , you know I always get lost in the characters in my head , perhaps they are the reasons why I got 'us' so terribly wrong. I always picture us five years from now ,when the both of us have matured enough to realise what we had was truly special ,but then again this could be me wishing for the impossible once again.

It's Christmas and I've gotten drunk and somewhere in between the hazy blur your green eyes are the only thing I see. I want to text you , I want to call you and tell you Santa hasn't quite gotten my wish correctly ,I want to tell you he hasn't replaced the space you took up in my heart. I always get so lost in my head , you know I do this to escape from the dangerous path I've been on.

I've heard things about the one you call your prince charming , things that make my chest throb in pain on behalf of you. A part of me wishes the rumours are true , a part of me wishes he hurts you so bad that your broken spirit lays slumped in my hands. I know that is not healthy , look at me tainting our loves purity once again. Despite the issues, I picture us five years from now...

You'd wear a red dress , and a pair of red lips to pop out those emerald eyes. I'd hold you close and kiss the air from out your lungs like I should have done way back when I had a chance. I could go on for hours about the way I would caress your skin , or how I would let you taste my love tangled up on my tongue. Pardon me , you know I've been drinking again. A part of me knows I can't numb the ache , but I'm young , stubborn and still stuck in my dreadful ways.

                           -Liyah Smith