Space

There are people , the one's closest to me , lurking and grinning happily at my insecurities. There are people whom my soul has bled to , bare and wounded that create holes in my heart even after I've told them heart shattering secrets from my past. There are these 'friends' that ignore me for hours and days that never seem to end , that know my existence when it's midnight and their hearts are lonely and seeking the Purity that leaks from my soul to quench their late night lonely thirst.

There are these people that claim to love me , that promise and proclaim their so called loyalty even when they are the first to misunderstand and interpret the pleads I whimper out when speaking and protecting my needs. There are these people who like the way I love them , who like the way I care , who think my energy shifts when I'm not the one to lift that oh so heavy weight they're weak shoulders bare.

Then there are the one's who almost fully know me , I think they're the worst , I think it's so painfully tragic that even they whom see me don't really even see me. And some will be offended , some will feel this deep ache in their hearts when they read this but for once , just today I am speaking the  unfiltered truth!

They apologize , just like all of these people always do but God I'm so tired of them not being able to fix or change what they're sorry for. So if you're reading this and you're one of these people , I think I need space. Because I cannot heal in your presence , in this same dusty ratchet unpleasant place. Leave me alone , let me go , give me my space.

                          -Liyah Smith