Chapter 14- Ditch

Kayla's POV

No one had said anything to me since the other night. Sunday was spent locked away in my room. There felt like there was a thick tension in the house. Mostly between me and Dad.

Us two never had the best relationship maybe when I was younger? We had a good relationship but that even seemed to be a distant memory. But we seemed to grow apart when everything changed. All starting with Mom passing away and then the events that followed after that.

Louise had tried making small talk with me when I was in the kitchen with everyone but I completely shut it down. I didn't want to talk not if they weren't going to listen.

Nothing intresting happened except I walked to school. Currently I debated whether I should go inside or not. To be honest I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone. I just wanted to be alone.

"Hey Kayla!" I jumped slightly when someone put their hand on my shoulder taking me out of my thoughts. Turning around to see Gabby with a smile on her face something I couldn't replicate.

"Oh hey you scared me." I let out a small laugh.

"So are you going in or?" She kind of moved her head side to side dragging out the or.

"I think I'm going to skip."

Gabby's smile slightly fell.

"Well are you sure they won't call home? You know you should come in." Her eyes looked around my face. She looked worried which slightly warmed my heart.

"I'm just...I don't know it's hard to explain. But if they do call home I'll deal with it." That didn't seem to convince her. I sighed putting my hand on her shoulder. "How about after school we hang out? I'll come pick you up and show you around the city?"

Gabby bit her bottom lip she looked conflicted. "But I would rather if you came into school and then we hung out. It saves you from getting in trouble."

"I think I'll go with the first option." I patted her shoulder walking away. "I'll pick you up after!" I shouted over my shoulder. When I saw her she looked slightly shocked. But something seemed to pull her out of her trance as she ran infront of me. Stopping from moving any further.

"Kayla you really shouldn't skip stay in tor me." Eye her eyes begged me to stay in. But mentally I didn't want to go into school.

"Gabby I really don't wa__"

"Fine. I'm not letting you ditch by yourself then you'd just be bored all day." Gabby said as she started to walk ahead.

"Gabby! You don't have to skip with me! Now your going to get in trouble!" I shouted after her.

"Well I am hardly going to let my best friend ditch without me am I?" My steps faltered a bit as I stood in place. Did she just call me her best friend? After only knowing not even a week? She looked at me with a small smirk on her lips.

"Come on show me around." She turned back around and started walking again. I caught up with her walking beside her.

"You sure you want to do this?" I need to just double check with her because I don't want to be the reason Gabby gets in trouble. She stops and looks me dead in the eye.