•17•

Tom walks me to my class, assuming that I may run into Meghan. He wants to be there if I do, so that she can't say anything without him knowing. I think it's quite nice how he wants to protect me, but at the same time I can protect myself.
"Morning guys." April greets us as she walks past us into the classroom.
"You met April?" Tom asks.
"Yeah actually, she stood up to Meghan for me." I say.
"Yeah her and Megan have always had a problem with each other." He nods. "I'm glad you met her, I think you two will be good friends."
I look around the hallway dramatically, and look back to Tom.
"Well would you look at that! Your crazy ex hook up girl isn't trying to kill me!" I laugh.
"Don't get sassy with me." He says a little too firmly to be joking.
"I'll be sassy if I want to be sassy. What are you gonna do about it?" I lift my brow.
"You don't get to play that game with me." He says.
"Why not?" I ask.
"Because my answer is pg 13." He says and I shake my head.
"Course it is." I mutter.
"Just go to class and be good." He says.
"Try not to be too big of an asshole while I'm gone!"
"I make no promises." He says, and I walk into class.
April waves me over, pulling out the seat next to her. Maybe I have made a friend of her. I take the seat, and pull out my textbook.
"Meghan given you anymore trouble?" She questions.
"No, I think you may have scared her off." I laugh.
"Wouldn't be the first time." She jokes. "Oh! I heard you got the cosmo award! Congratulations!"
"Well don't congratulate me just yet. I still haven't come up with an idea." I say.
"Oh don't sweat it. You still have like- over a month to do it."
Professor Desanto actually gives a pretty fun class today, and weirdly enough I didn't want it to end. Although I am taking myself shopping after class to get some things for LA so I'm excited for that.
"Want to go get lunch or something?" April asks.
"I would but I am headed to the mall to get some things for a trip." I say.
"Oh can I join you? I could use a shopping trip." She says and I smile.
"Definitely!" I nod.
We pack up our things, and April walks out to the parking lot with me to head to the mall. As we walk towards my car I see the boys walking down the steps. Including Harry. His eyes meet mine and he looks away quickly. I think I may have ruined our friendship. Or he just needs some time.
"Where are you two headed?" Haz calls as they get closer.
Harry turns to walk in the other direction, and my eyes follow him. I feel so bad.. I miss him. I feel like we were just starting to become good friends and now that's over.
"The mall. You aren't invited." April says.
I like her.
"Well I didn't want to go anyways." Haz scoffs.
He definitely did.
Tom is quiet, I can tell he's in a bad mood. Or maybe just tired. I can't help but notice every little detail about him when I'm around him now.
"We're gonna head out, see you losers later." April smiles and gets in the car.
"Don't let her turn you mean." Haz says and I laugh.
"Yeah whatever." I say. "See you guys later."
As soon as I get in the car, my phone dings and I look at it before driving off.
Tom: what's going on between you and Harry?
Well jeez he picked up that something was going on just from that?
Eliana: talk when I'm done shopping.
I send the text and put my phone down, starting the car.
"So I have to ask- you and Tom? Is there something going on there?" She asks and I laugh.
"Absolutely not." I state.
"I just figured because he's never been just friends with a girl before." She shrugs.
"Weren't you guys friends?" I ask.
"Barely. Also I'm a little too gay for him so." She says.
Ah that makes sense. That's why he didn't manage to get in her pants like he can with just about any other girl.
We get to the mall and walk inside. I need to get a couple pairs of shorts or maybe a dress, and a swim suit. I haven't worn a swim suit since I was very young, I've just never really had a reason to. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm pretty okay with my body so I think it will be fine.
We shop around together, and I can't even express how happy I am to have another girl here to help me. They'd kill me if they knew I felt this way but, it's nice to not be around the guys for once.
"You're about my girlfriends size, could you try this on?" April asks.
"Yeah." I smile, and grab the leather jacket from her hands, pulling it onto my body. It fits great, and she nods to herself.
"Yup, definitely getting it for her. She's going to love it." She says.
"I miss having a boyfriend to buy presents for." I mutter.
"I'm sure Tom loves presents." She smirks and I roll my eyes.
"Believe me, Tom is anything but boyfriend material."
______
I get home from the mall, happy with everything I've purchased but just a little nervous about the swim wear. The bikini I got is a bit showy, definitely not what I'm used to at all.
I set all my bags down, and pull out the salmon colored bikini, wanting to try it on once more just to be sure I like it. I put the pieces on, and start tying the strings. Why are there so many strings?!
I get it on, looking in the mirror. I just don't know how to feel about it yet..
"Daammmnn"
I jump at the voice, and see Tom standing in my doorway. I quickly grab my blanket off my bed and wrap it around me.
"What are you doing here?!" I exclaim.
"You said we'd talk so I came to talk." He states.
"Dont you know how to knock?!" I groan.
"It's not my style." He shrugs. "Permission to compliment you?"
"Permission not granted. Get out!" I yell and he laughs to himself, then leaves the room.
I shut the door behind him and quickly change into my normal clothes. He's going to see me in it on the trip anyways, but it was still uncomfortable.
I walk out, taking a seat next to him on a sofa. He gives me a smirk and I shush him before he can even start.
"I don't want to hear it." I say.
"I can't even say you look good in pink?" He asks.
"Not when half of my butt was hanging out." I mutter.
"Yeah well that looked good too-"
"Moving on." I interrupt him.
"So what's going on with my brother?" He asks and suddenly I want to go back to talking about my butt.
"Are you two secretly dating or something?" He asks.
"What? No." I shake my head. "He practically confessed his love to me the other day and I shot him down. I feel really bad.."
"Oh.. why'd you say no?" He asks.
"Well honestly, I told him it's because everything just ended with Jacob but that's not really why. I just don't feel that way about him.. he's not my type."
"So.." he trails off. "What is your type?"
I think for a moment, but struggle to come up with an answer.
"I don't know that I have one anymore.. I guess I'll just fall in love with whoever I fall in love with and that's that." I shrug.
"I think that sounds like a good plan." He smiles.
"Agreed."