Chapter 2 | Don't Stare

I pushed past people, scanning the room frantically with blurry eyes for Gia, before eventually settling on her dancing form at the edge of the crowd.

I made my way to her, wiping my tears away, attempting to not smudge my mascara. Gia looked at me, smiled, and then furrowed her brows, her eyes widening in shock. "Clara, are you crying?"

I nodded, sniffing.

"What happened?" she asked, grabbing me by the shoulders, looking deep into my green eyes, causing the tears to start flowing again.

"Some guy tried to touch me," I whimpered, shaking my head, still remembering how his slimy kisses felt against my skin.

"Oh my God, who?" demanded Gia, a scowl masking her face.

I shrugged, rubbing at my nose as I craned my head to see my mate make his way back to his group, a scowl plastered on his face.

Gia followed my gaze, and then growled. "Was it him?"

"No, he-" I called after Gia as she stormed towards my mate, her fists clenched.

I ran after her, telling her to stop, but she seemed to see red as she reached my mate, pushing at his solid chest as she growled. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Gia, stop!" I begged, avoiding the piercing gaze of my mate.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" growled my mate, his friends giving Gia and I confused looks.

"You can't touch women without their permission. You're disgusting!" yelled Gia, waving her finger at him. "She's crying because of you!"

I wiped at my wet cheeks, hoping that my eyes weren't too red. I didn't want my mate to see me in such a state.

"I'm not doing this," muttered my mate, pushing past us and making his way out of the club, causing his friends to raise their eyebrows at us.

"Gia, he didn't touch me. He's the one who stopped the guy!" I said, running my hand down my face.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she mumbled, awkwardly looking up at the group of men who were staring at us questionably.

"He's my mate," I whispered to Gia, who gasped, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry! I didn't know, I was just so angry that-"

"His mate?" asked one of the men, clearing his throat awkwardly.

I nodded, fiddling with my hands nervously as the men gave each other perplexed looks.

"Alpha Dylan doesn't do mates," spoke one of the men, chewing on his lip.

"What?" I asked, a stinging pain settling in my heart, making a wave of nausea rush over me.

"He's not a relationship guy, just don't get your hopes up."

Gia scowled up at the group, shaking her head. "You guys don't know what you're talking about."

The group of men shrugged at me as Gia pulled me away, rolling her eyes. "Where did your mate go?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I think he left."

"Go and check outside. Do you need me to come with you?" asked Gia, smiling.

I shook my head, chewing on the inside of my cheek. "No, don't worry. I can handle it."

I breathed deeply as I started to walk towards the exit, my heart rate quickening at the thought of seeing my mate, who I knew wouldn't be too happy about Gia's accusation.