New Years kiss

*all characters are above the age of 21 in this imagine so no one is underage drinking because this is based in some city with tall buildings idk you pick :)*

-

You sit in a chair tucked away in the corner of the roof top you are on,staring mindlessly into the distance where you see a building made out of a reflective surface.

In the reflection, you see the tall metal foundations of the building reaching high up into the sky like a plant stalk ever growing taller to beat the competitors.

At the crown of the building, there are red LED lights built in on the outside and the inside of the rooftop, lighting up the sky within a certain radius of it.

The soft red glow cascades onto you face accentuating the gentle heat already in your cheeks from the alcohol you consumed earlier on in the evening.

In fact, If it wasn't for the barricade of the alcohol, the cold Midwinter air would definitely get to you and possibly ruin all of the fun.

As the sky grows darker and the inner excitement bubbles up higher, you sit there just watching people.

Watching the reunions of friends.

Watching the loved up couples rub noses together.

Watching the older couple of building try to keep their kids contained.

Watching a woman get down on one knee and propose to her girlfriend drawing happy tears in your eyes.

Watching the oncoming traffic from down below beep and buzz as the late workers try to make it hope to be with their families.

Watching each couple cozy together in search for warmth as the final hour of the year begins and wastes away.

You would thing your surroundings would be loud yet somehow all you can find is peace.

Peace among the cries of baby's and peace among the sounds of bustling.

All of it just brings you peace and clears out any negative thoughts as the year slips through your fingertips and falls to the floor to be reunited with all the other pages of the decade calendar.

It seems you are bought back to the surface of whatever matter that had subsequently drowned your thoughts previously as the cheers of the public around you grow louder.

You look around to see why and turn in the direction of everyone's gazes.

The minute long countdown has started and has been projected on the flat surface of an opposing skyscraper drawing cheers from below you too.

You watch as the time slowly goes away until the new year is thirty seconds away.

The public divide of into groups of two as one person wraps another in their arms and looking at them lovingly as they count down in sink.