181-200

Chapter 181 – She'd never believe that her big brother was cursed! (1)

Luo Pingting looked very bad all of a sudden. "Chuchu, you are overthinking this. She's not just your... family. She's also Wushuang's family. I should extend the invitation to her."

Luo Pingting hadn't expected Huo Chuchu to be so presumptuous. The Huo's business had gone up another notch this year and was almost as strong as the Chen's.

Huo Chuchu had always been willful and arrogant and was definitely getting worse as time had gone on. She'd just confront her and snap at her in front of everyone like that!

Luo Pingting was so angry that she could puke out blood. She had invited the explosive Huo Chuchu purposefully to teach the peasant girl a lesson as she knew that Huo Chuchu would not admit that Gu Shishi was her sister-in-law. She hadn't expected the brainless Huo Chuchu would just unleash indiscriminately!

Has she no idea that during critical times like these, those of them belonging to the same social economic level should band together against outsiders? How could possibly be so brainless?? And her temper was so bad!

Luo Pingting regretted her own decision.

Gu Shishi, who was watching from the second floor, was also stunned.

Huo ChuChu was a rebellious girl in this world. She was mentioned in the original novel as a sweet and soft girl, who was like the pearl of the Huo's and was the one most doted on by both Father and Grandpa Huo. She was docile and mature and always following around her big brother Huo Sishen.

Ads by Revcontent

Even though she was closer in age with her second brother, Huo Wencheng, she was more like a decoration of Huo Sishen's leg.

This was that little sister, who had lost both her dad and her grandfather in one night. She was still young back then and didn't realize how tragic death was. Quite the contrary, the change in her brother was more impactful to her. Huo Sishen, who had doted on her, would never hug her again. Her most respected big brother had moved away from the family and never returned again.

Overnight, he had become a cursed person. Anyone who dared to get close to him would be cursed. He looked at everyone coldly, including his little sister whom he loved. And that was how Huo ChuChu's world had crumbled.

She had completely grown up in a wrong directly. Rebellious, willful, confrontational, and refused to listen to anything her mother, grandmother, or even her second brother have to say.

She felt that they were all wrong! She'd never believe that her big brother was cursed!

Gu Shishi recalled the details and looked at Huo ChuChu downstairs with compassion. She even felt that Huo ChuChu and the boss were fairly similar to each other. Both of them were very stubborn. No wonder the two of them were so close to each other back in the days even with the age gap between them.

"Okay, Chuchu, forget that I have said that. Come. Let's get changed and go have some fun." Luo Pingting put on a smile again after she had recollected herself.

Huo ChuChu, on the other hand, looked even more annoyed after she saw the look on Luo Pingting. "Luo Pingting, your hypocrisy is nauseating. After all these years, you still look so fake when you lie. Didn't I tell you to go take some acting classes three years ago?"

Ads by Revcontent

Luo Pingting was about to drop dead from anger.

Huo ChuChu was an oddball. She couldn't stand anyone from the prestigious families, even though she had grown up with them. And that included the elders from all families because they all insisted that her brother was cursed, which was why she hated them from the bottom of her heart.