Chapter 8

Jane back to herself followed Diego towards the living room where the group meeting was being held

Jane back to herself followed Diego towards the living room where the group meeting was being held. Luther catching sight of her began to make his way towards her but was stopped by the sight of Diego's glare. Luther didn't tell anyone what he had read in her file, but he had been close to telling Allison when she had showed him the tape of when their father died.

Hence why the group was meeting to yet again discuss their fathers death. "Look here's the video from when dad passed anything stick out to anyone?" Luther asked like it was a classroom. "Look professor can we get this over with some of us have to get going here." Jane said rudely but to everyone's surprise Luther didn't come back at her with anything.

Vanya have catching on what Kuther had been referring to spoke out. "I mean, do you really think mom would hurt dad?" She asked making the other Hargreeves fill in on Luthers assumptions. "You haven't been home in a long time Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther said cockily making Jane scoff. "But I've been here everyday for the past few months and moms been completely fine." Jane said bitterly. But Luther just shook his head, "If he was poisoned it would have shown in the coroners report." Diego spoke as if he were repeating himself to a child.

"Well I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Luther responded like an asshole earning an eye roll from Jane. "Clearly you do. Does it even look like she remotely slipped anything into his drink?" Jane spat hotly making Diego inch closer to her in case Hammerhead came out and attacked Luther again.

But nonetheless Diego still stood up to Luther, "Maybe all that low gravity in space messes with your vision. Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocles gone." Diego answers making Jane smirk that Luther was in fact wrong.

Klaus begins to chuckle child like, "oh yeah!" He agreed with his brother excitedly making  Jane smirk in amusement. "She wasn't poisoning him. She was.... taking it. To clean it." Diego answered sounding like a cop to Janes disliking. "Then where is it?" Lugher asked a bit agitated he'd been wrong. But Jane felt her eyes widen slightly remembering when Diego and her were looking out at the water. She saw him throw it into the oak and now Luther was questioning him on it. "No ive searched the house including her things. She doesn't have it." Luther stated to sound superior but Diego and I already knew his mother no longer had it.

"That's because I took it from her. After the funeral." Diego answered honestly and Luther looked ready to go ballistic.
"You've had the monocle this whole time?" Luther asked heatedly making Jane flinch back not unnoticed by Diego. "What the hell Diego?" Allison asked obviously siding with Luther.

"Give it to me." Luther asked anger all over his face that was turning red. "I threw it away." Diego answered cooly like this somehow wasn't bothering him. Whereas Jane was ready to punch Luthers face in by how he was acting. "You what?" Luther asked like the giant oaf he he was. "He threw it away. What was unclear about that?" Jane scoffed making Allison roll her eyes at the girl and Klaus to laugh and Vanya stayed silent.