I can't lose you too-Tom Ludlow

A/N
Just watched Street Kings so I figured it's appropriate to make this

Y/N Prescott has fallen and is dating detective Tom Ludlow,he's very overprotective of her and doesn't want to lose her like he lost his wife

Y/N's pov
Tom and I were chasing down this crazy dude with a gun,and when I say he's crazy I mean that he's ducking bonkers.i wanted to catch my breath but at the same time I didn't want the perp to get away,I ran faster than my boyfriend Tom(who just so happens to be a cop like me)."Y/N be careful!"Tok yelled,I ignored him and managed to tackle the perp.i pinned him down to the ground,"Gotcha!"I cheered.he struggled in my grasp,I then turned my head and saw Tom.this was the moment where I fucked up and let my guard down,"Tom I got him!"I stated the obvious."Y/N watch out!"he yelled,the perp then got up and shot me in my stomach.Tom didn't know at the time but I was wearing a bulletproof vest,it still hurt though.i fell to the ground,"NO!"Tom screamed.

I saw him shoot the perp in the leg,as I closed my eyes I heard a lot of sirens.he fell to his knees and held me in his arms,"Y-Y/N no...please...please stay with me,I can't lose you too..."he sobbed.he gently put his hand on my cheek,"I never got to ask you...to..."he stammered.i slowly opened my eyes,"ask me what?"I said.he widened his eyes,he hugged me.i smiled and hugged him back,"ask me what Tom?"I repeated the question I asked.he stared at me,he then chuckled."well this is an awkward way to propose..."he dug into his pocket and took out a ring,I gasped."Y/N Prescott,will you marry me?"he asked me,tears immediately began to form in my eyes."Yes!"I cheered,hugging him tightly(and forgetting that I was still wearing my bulletproof vest).