Chapter 19 - Head In Space

--I appreciate any comments, votes and shares. They help a lot. Thanks!---

---Picture of Luke >>>---

While me and Cortney were making our way down the hall we spotted Lillian. She came up to us and began chatting with Cortney.

"Thanks for the help yesterday Harvey." Lillian struggled, trying to thank me a moment later.

"My pleasure." I respond giving her a smile.

"Okay Harvey, you really have to tell me what's going on." Cortney demands. I turn my smile to her and stay silent. A couple of people from yesterdays basketball game were passing by in the hall and shot me a wave, which I shyly returned. I'm seriously surprised some people actually acknowledge my existence.

"UGH, Harv, if you don't tell me I'm going to punch you!" She scowls at me. I decide to tell her most of what happened yesterday. We walked to her locker as I explained everything, she got her books out and turned my way grinning.

"So you're also good at basketball?" She lifting a brow with her grin still in tact.

"I suppose." I replied, shrugging. The bell rang and I realized I didn't have my stuff from my locker.

"You can tell me the rest later." She said smirking, probably knowing I was keeping something from her.

"Shoot, see you later Cortney!" I shout running off towards my locker. By the time I had all my stuff the halls were empty. I began making my way to class until I heard two voices in the hall just around the corner, one belonged to Liam I was certain. I hid behind a corner to hear to what they were saying. 

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out sometime." I've also heard this voice before. It was one of those girls who were trying to sound cute but actually sounded like a donkey with carrot shoved up its butt.

"I would have said yes, but I've found someone I think I like." Liam responds, turning her down. I don't know why but this made happy, but a little worried. Who was this other person he likes. I haven't really noticed him take interest in anyone lately.

"W-who is it?" She asks with what sounds like anger and her welling in her voice.

"Can't say." He told the girl, patting her head while walking off to class. She stood there for awhile tilting her head downwards slightly, her hands formed into fists and then she stormed off. I was finally able to head to class.

The teacher gave me a weird look for being late, but didn't say anything. I found myself thinking about nothing but Liam through out all of class. Every time I say his name in my head my heart flutters. I'm starting to think I have something more than a simple crush on him. Ever since he opened up to me that day I've felt myself wanting to get closer to him. He's a nice guy, he's just hurt. I want to mend his pain but, unfortunately I'm like a knife reopening the wounds, with my appearance and all. If what happened this morning was with anyone other than Liam I feel I would be frightened or disgusted, but since it was Liam, I think... I think I enjoyed it. 

After a few more classes and a lot of thinking it was lunch time. Something suddenly registered in my brain. I felt my head spinning and my breathing growing ever so hard. I felt my heart pounding against my chest, almost like a shard. I quickly ran outside to get some air before I pass out. I sat on a deck outside the main school building, I calmed myself down, now knowing my situation with little doubt. 

"I... I think I'm in love with Liam." I said aloud, without the intent.

"I'm, in love with Liam Thornland." I repeated once more, holding my chest and widening my eyes. I suddenly heard footsteps fading away from my current location. W-was someone listening to what I said? Shot! would they tell the whole school? Was it even a person? My mind began to spiral once again. I made my way to the cafeteria and spotted Cortney and Luke chatting at our table.

"There you are!" Cortney said waving in my direction. I went over to the table and sat in my usual seat.

"What up, you look like you're running away from something that's trying to kill you." Cortney teased. I didn't respond. I looked towards the entrance of cafeteria and saw Liam enter. He looked my way with a large smile spreading his rose cheeks. No not those cheeks, the cheeks on his face. That though made me lose myself in yet another daze. Cortney and Luke caught my gaze on Liam and Luke began chuckling.

"You have it bad for Liam, don't you?" Cortney smirks. This snaps me back to reality only making me more flustered.

"Y-you and Luke are definitely brother and sister." I say. Cortney looks over to Luke in confusion and his laugh picks up, now much harder than before.

A few more classes passed and I was done for the day. I met up with Cortney and Liam at the exit of the school after placing my belongings back in my locker, trying to decide who would take me where.

"You can go. If its safe for Harvey to be alone I'll drive him home. If not I can bring him over to my house." Liam says reassuring Cortney.

"Alright, just don't beat him." She glares, holding her hips.

"Don't worry, I'm done hurting him... It was stupid of me to do so..." Liam replies, sadness now filling his voice.

"Alright, glad you know you were at fault. I'll leave you two lovebirds to it then!" Cortney teases, smacking Liam's back before disappearing out the door. Liam clears his throat while holding fist to his mouth.

"Let's head to the nurses office to get you one last check up." Liam says before grabbing my hand and pulling me through the halls. We made it to the nurses office and Liam opened the door.

"Hello, what can I do for you boys." She asks in a polite manner.

"We came to get Harvey one last check up." Liam says pointing my way.

"Ah have a seat right over there." She pointed to a bed in the corner. She shined a flashlight in my eyes and wrote something down on her clipboard.

"He should be fine, but it would be safe to have someone keep an eye on him for one more night." She said giving a thumbs up not averting her eyes from her clipboard. Liam looked extremely pleased by the results. I wasn't sure if it was cause I was okay, or that we'd be spending another night together... We'll be spend another night... together. The though made my heart flutter. I spaced out thinking about it so much.