A Chicago Love Story (Part 24)

~Winter break is over and Laiya has to get ready to go back to school.~

Tomorrow was the first day back at school after break and I wasn't ready. I was tired of school. I really don't wanna go back now that I got an ankle monitor on cus mfs be nosey asf. Von wasn't able to stay the night anymore since school was starting back up so he had to start leaving at around 7pm. It was 6 right now so we was just sitting downstairs talking with Mani. Nique went back to Atlanta a few days ago and the house hasn't felt the same without him. I wish all of us could stay together but Nique always wanna be in Atlanta and Von would most likely wanna stay in Chicago cus of his family.

Mani's phone started ringing and she said "Oop it's Nique!" Me: "Answer it." She answered the call and I seen Nique's face all up in the camera. Nique: "Wassup bitchess." Mani: "Hiii." Nique: "Dawg it feel good asf to be back in my city. Ion know where shit at in Chicago." Von: "Dats ight. Yeen gotta be up here🤣" Nique: "Mane Chicago wack asl anyways." Me: "Y'all really gon argue bout dis again? 😭" Nique: "Nahh but I preciate y'all fa lettin me stay up there tho. Hopefully next time y'all can come down here and nobody will get arrested. COUGH COUGH LAIYA." Me: "Shut up bruh 🤣." Mani: "We can prolly go down there during the summer time." Nique: "Fashoo. After Lai Lai graduate, we turning tf up." Me: "Guh I can't wait. I'm tired of dis school shit." Mani: "You gon have to get a job 😂." Nique: "Aht, don't be talkin to nobody bout havin a job when yo broke ass ain't got one either 🤣" Mani: "Stfu I got an interview next week. Nique: "Oh wordd? Where you finna be workin at?" Mani: "Dat Walmart we went to on New Year's." Nique: "Trash." Me: "Not everybody can be out trappin nd shit Nique." Von: "Mani don't needa be innat game anyways😂" Nique: "Man I can teach her a cuppa skills nd shit." Mani: "No thank you.." Nique: "Man whatevaa. Aye lemme call you back inna lil bit, I gotta go slide to my homeboy house right quick" Mani: "Okay bye Nique, be safe, I luv youu" Nique: "Luv you too sis." She hung up and said "I worry bout him a lot." Me: "I do too... He kno D-man got killed down there doin the same shit he doin." Von: "Who D-man?" Mani: "He was a lil boy we used to hang out wit a lot when we was little. He was fuckin round wit da wrong people and started flippin bricks, trappin, and sum mo shit then he got caught up in some shit and they shot him." Von: "Damn..." Me: "I wish Nique would jus put allat shit to the side and do sum else." Mani: "He don't listen. He says he got everything under control and he know what he doin but I still don't trust nun of dem mfs he hang around." Von: "He do gotta watch out for mfs tho. You can't trust anybody, especially when you fuckin round in sum shit like that." Me: "Nique don't even be telling us about nothing that be goin on down there. He jus says he be trappin nd dassit." Von: "Some niggas don't want folks speakin onnat shit." Me: "And that's why he don't needa hang around them niggas." Mani: "Ion give a damn who or what, if anything happen to Nique, Imma kill some damn body and dats on everything. I'm my brother's keeper and ion play bout him." Me: "Facts." Von: "Y'all crazy 🤣" Mani: "Nah like all jokes aside tho, if somebody did sum to Durk, Doodie, DaeDae, or any of them other niggas you be around, you would slide right?" Von: "Oh fasho. Especially bout Durk, dat nigga done got me out so much shit. I'd catch a case fa dat nigga." Me: "Exactly, so we ain't crazy 😂" Mani: "Ion even wanna think about anything like that tho... Imma be heading upstairs, I done hurt my own feelings." Von: "Yea I gotta get home here soon before my mama raise hell." He stood up and grabbed his jacket off the back of the couch. Me: "Awe okay. Be safe." He gave me 2 kisses then gave Mani a hug and left. Mani: "What time you gotta be up for school tomorrow?" Me: "I usually wake up at around 7:45am and leave at 8:15am." Mani: "You want me to take you?" Me: "Nah Von prolly gon come and get me, preciate it tho. I gotta call my parole officer and ask her bout that cus ion kno if they set it to where I'm able to go to school or not." Mani: "Oh ight. Imma take a shower so do you gotta use the bathroom?" I shook my head and she walked upstairs. I sat back down on the couch and dialed the number on the card the officer gave me last month. Somebody picked up the phone and said "Hello, This is Officer Manns, how may I help you?" Me: "Um hi... It's Laiya Anderson." Officer: "Okay, what can I do for you?" Me: "So tomorrow I gotta go back to school and I was just wondering if the court has it set to where I can go there.." Officer: "Yes ma'am, it was set the day the monitor got put on you. The court can track where you are as well. Like if you go anywhere after school other than home, an officer will be at your house." Me: "Oh... okay thank you." Officer: "Of course! Anymore questions?" Me: "No ma'am, I'm sorry for calling you so late." Officer: "It's fine. If you have any more questions in the future, please call me again." Me: "Okay bye." I hung up the phone and walked upstairs in my room. I wrapped my hair up in my scarf and bonnet then laid down. Von set a text that said "You want me to come getchu tmr?"