78. ALL BE WORTH IT

78. ALL BE WORTH IT

"THINK ABOUT IT - Henley West

"THINK ABOUT IT - Henley West. Or Pryce-West, I don't know what you guys are deciding on. It's short, sweet, gender-neutral, named after the doctor that discovered the pregnancy in the first place..." The trauma surgeon trails off as she sways, gently, throughout the hallway. "Which reminds me - are you guys hyphenating? Is she taking your name? Are you taking hers? Are you coming up with a new one altogether?"

"Hen?" Elijah stops in his footsteps and turns to the doctor, an annoyed smile on his face.

"Yes, Elijah?" She smiles, innocently.

"Why are you still at the hospital?" He tilts his head, "Don't you have a date to prepare for?"

She tuts, "It's not a date. It's Lee's baby shower. Paige just asked because we were the only single ones going."

"Sounds like a date to me. She asked you out, you said yes, she smiled, you smiled and tucked your hair behind your ear and bit your lip..." Kendrick appears out of seemingly nowhere and inserts his input, "Don't that sound like a date?" He asks his best friend.

Elijah nods in agreement, "Walks like a date, talks like a date..."

"No." Henley deadpans, looking between her coworkers with narrowed eyes, "A date is dinner with wine and maybe a movie or a walk in the park or anywhere we're alone together. Not a baby shower being hosted by our co-worker and his fiancé that we like more than him. Plus, a date means people like each other. I don't like Paige — we work together."

Elijah's jaw gapes in surprise at what she said about liking Aliyah more than him but says nothing. Ouch.

Kendrick narrows his eyes, scanning her red face, "Ehh," He imitates the sound of a buzzer, "Wrong answer. Past couple of weeks, you talk about her, stop whenever she shows up, then you get this longing look in your eyes until she walks away."

"Where do you find the time to focus on anything but surgery and Toni?" Elijah questions in confusion only to be shushed by the neurosurgeon.

Kendrick's index finger and thumb kiss, "The adults are talking here, kid."

Elijah furrows his brows, deeply confused, "I'm on your side."

Kendrick ignores him, however, "My point is —"

"The point is — it's not a date." Henley reiterates, a deadly look in her eyes.