Chapter Twenty- Clouds

I jump up awake to a loud bang causing me to sit up in confusion. It takes a minute for my eyes to adjust as I look around this strange apartment before I realize that I am still at Jack's. This is going to take some getting used to. I relax back into the couch and look to my left out the large windows. You can still see the park below but the clouds in the sky make it look grey and uninviting. I watch as the clouds move quickly past in the sky, it looks like it is going to storm today which I use is perfect since I still have to unpack. I watch the clouds moving across the sky one after another quicker than the last one. Each one getting darker and darker, just making me more sleepy if I'm being honest.

Looking in front of me I check the time on the TV Jack has mounted on the wall and it's almost 4pm now meaning I spent the whole day sleeping at this point. Sighing I force myself to get up and walk over the boxes that are still sitting on the floor from earlier today. I lean down and start pushing the box across the floor past the kitchen and into the bedroom. I still can't believe that he cleared out his entire closet for me... like where are all of his clothes now?

On the wall facing me is all of the closet space, to the left is the only bathroom and the right is the only bed and window. I decide that if he trusts me enough to leave me alone here he should know I'm going to look around. I push the box out of my way and head for the closet first the main area is completely cleared out for me and the drawers are too. I look into the door closest to the window and find 3 hoodies of his hung up with huge bins under them. Well I guess that is just asking me to look now isn't it? I lift the lid and find something I didn't expect- all of his clothes. He packed them all away so I could have more space.

I sigh as I grab each bin and pull them down, I know I can't let him do that. It's bad enough that he is set on me taking his only bedroom. Damn it now he is going to make me do more work than I wanted.

After pushing my last few boxes of clothes into the bedroom I start to work out of the split the closest perfectly in half. I decide that since I am doing all the work I get to pick my side of the room and closet. Checking out the white room with his lack of color I decide I want the side by the window, Jack can take the side by the bathroom. Grunting as I go I slowly move his bins over to the other side, mad that I decided to switch it.

I lean back against a bin, this is going to be a long night- might as well make it fun! I grab my phone and turn on some dancing pop music then get to work.

Without little effort I get Jack's clothes put away and start on mine. Some of these clothes I have had way before I even met Jack. I laugh at myself and pull an empty box to me- guess now is better than ever to go through some of these clothes.

I stretch out my arms over my head admiring all my hard work, I've got Jack's and my side all nice and neat I also found while looking around that there is a washer and dryer behind a closet door in the bathroom making me love this place even more.

I break down all the boxes and admire the beauty of this place. Now I need to go on an adventure to find the garbage and recycling. I grab the key that Jack had left for me on the countertop, my hord of boxes, and a garbage bag of clothes to donate. Thank goodness there is an elevator here cause when I say my hands are FULL. But you know I'm not taking multiple trips.

Finally I get to the area, where I can put my recycling in the bin outside. And start following my phone for the nearest clothing drop off place. When I finally drop off my bags my arms are screaming- maybe I am not in as good of shape as I thought I was.

Slowly I head back to the apartment but decide to take a quick walk through the park before it gets dark. Today has been such a productive day but for some reason I still feel so down and alone. I sit down on the grass and just relax for a moment to let me process my thoughts. I stare at Jack's and now my apartment building with the grey sky in the background. As mad as I am about this whole situation I can't help but wish Jack hadn't left so quickly.

I push myself back onto my feet and head into the building. I can still see the two guards that Jack had left downstairs lingering around. I wonder if they had been keeping track of where I have been going all day.

Finally I get back into the apartment locking the door behind me. It still seems crazy that this is where I am now- not only at Jack's place but that I have basically come to terms with this craziness too. Like I unpacked myself and Jack into our own closets almost like a couple. I groan out loud, and start to look around the room.

My eyes land on the desk in the left corner by the window and heating system. I can see a whole bunch of papers still laid out just perfect for me to take a look at. I can't help myself as I move over there and sit down to start looking. Most of it seems like normal business transactions and accounting which is funny that Jack would be into accounting. I laugh to myself for a second before pausing.

I pick back up one of the papers he had laying down and compare it to the one I was reading and something doesn't add up. It looks like the original document had figures that weren't adding up but the one that Jack had signed the math had been changed. I set them aside to tell him later. I know he won't be happy I was snooping but I don't want his dad to be mad.

But then it happens, again and again. All of the papers Jack signed are incorrect, each one with the numbers expertly changed to make everything balance out. Every single paper looks like it was purposely changed to make the numbers fit what a club should be doing in business.

My hands start to shake as I see one thing in particular.... how Jack has been signing his name.

Not as Jack Mornwall- how I have always known him but as Jack Mornivalle.

Just like the Mornivalle gang.

The same one that got into the fight with the Santos group, which is Max's name- Maxine Santos. I drop my head into my hands- as everything starts to fall together just in time for the sun to go down.

_________________________________

A short one.. but she FINALLY is figuring things out!  About time :)

What do you think Jack went out of country for? What countries have you guys traveled to? And where are you from?

Love for you all- HAPPY FRIDAY

Love Mama Em <3