79. TWO WEEKS AWAY

79. TWO WEEKS AWAY

"WHEN ARE YOU gonna get a haircut?" Aliyah questions from across the nursery

"WHEN ARE YOU gonna get a haircut?" Aliyah questions from across the nursery. She's planted on the bean bag, packing away toys they got during the day in a grey treasure chest. Oreo is sitting on her lap, his head on her belly.

The question is directed to her fiance who sends her a confused look.

"Literally just last week, you told me to grow it out." Elijah says as he assembles the crib. The two had been holding off on assembling for as long as possible because neither of them wanted to touch it and mess it up.

Now that Aliyah's two weeks away from her due date, they finally decided to do the finishing touches so their child actually has a place to sleep when they're brought home.

Aliyah — whew, she's about to pop. She feels that should she take the wrong step, her child is just gonna slide out. Yeah, she had a couple nightmares about that. Honestly, she's been spending her last couple of days researching pregnancy and delivery stories.

She almost threw up when reading one about a woman whose uterus literally fell out of her vagina.

Per her request, Elijah is now tasked with snatching and hiding her phone right before bed so she doesn't get caught up in reading nightmarish stories.

Now, as the two lounge in the nursery, working slowly but surely, she's distracting herself with the love of her life and her puppy.

She furrows her brows, "Did I?" Then, her eyes widen in realization. Pregnancy brain is making her feel stupid as hell. "Oh, yeaaah."

Elijah chuckles and attaches a bracket. Past that, Aliyah honestly has no idea what he's doing or what the crib is even supposed to look like in the end.

"Is it supposed to be leaning like that?" The wedding planner questions, tilting her head to make sure she's not going crazy.

Elijah steps back from his work and exhales, "No. No it is not."

Aliyah can't help the laugh that bubbles from within her, "I feel like we need to hire somebody, because it should not be this hard."

"You think Kendrick could get it?" Elijah glances back to his future wife to see her shrug.

"I think he gotta higher chance than you right now." She snickers and narrowly misses the teddy bear Elijah threw at her. "You know I'm playing, Eli. Kinda. Come here, bubba."

"Uh-huh," Elijah rolls his eyes in amusement and approaches his fiance. Oreo, seeing what's happening, jumps up from his spot and begins to prance around the room. He helps her up and plops down on the bag so she can rest on his lap. "How you feeling?"