Twenty

"Hey." Yoongi caught up to Jungkook right as the lunch bell rang, memorizing Jungkook's schedule already.

  They had told each other what classes they had, only having their first and last class together. Yoongi supposes it's good, not being near him all day like he could've been. He can't stay up Jungkook's ass all the time like he wants to. So as he catches up to Jungkook, he brushed their arms together and nudged him, hoping to get answers from earlier this morning.

Of course he didn't want to be in Jungkook's business, but the look on Jungkook's face this morning was something that didn't go unnoticed. And judging by Jungkook's look right now, he knew that Yoongi was eventually going to ask the question.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked.

They were walking towards the cafeteria, some people walking out the school doors instead because there's a little cafe down the street that they're allowed to go to.

"Nothing." Jungkook said.

Yoongi wanted to roll his eyes as Jungkook held the cafeteria door open for him, a weak smile on his face as he let Yoongi walk in front of him. As they walked towards their seat, he noticed Jungkook glancing up at Taehyung with that same nervous, concerned look.

It made Yoongi sort of upset to have Jungkook so obviously bothered but so clearly not telling Yoongi why so.

He gets it.

Jungkook isn't required to tell Yoongi anything at all. No matter what Jungkook feels, he doesn't have to explain it to Yoongi. He doesn't have to justify to Yoongi why he's sad, angry, confused, happy, stressed— anything. But as Jungkook sits down at the table, Yoongi instantly knew it was something that occupied Jungkook's mind enough to the point where it was making him not even want to eat.

Because Yoongi has seen Jungkook eat his heart out. He swears that Jungkook could eat a whole buffet and still have room for some more. So for him to be sitting down instead of going to get food, Yoongi felt upset.

He went into the food line, grabbing up enough food for both him and Jungkook, just in case the Alpha changed his mind.

As he sat down next to Jungkook, Hoseok's eyes widened at his plate. But Yoongi brushed him and everyone else off, nervously picking at his tangerine, as usual. He looked up at Jungkook, sad to see him just staring at the table and chewing his bottom lip.

"Hey.." Yoongi frowned. He was whispering despite how loud Jimin and Namjoon were being right next to them. Jungkook glanced up at Yoongi and then down to his plate, smiling at the extra slice of pizza and doughnut as a dessert, probably knowing that Yoongi had paid extra to get extra food for him.

Yoongi held up a tangerine slice to Jungkook, hoping he'd eat it. Surprisingly Jungkook did. He took it out of Yoongi's hold, pressing it into his own mouth. Immediately Yoongi felt better, having Jungkook at least come back from whatever world he was wandering off to.

"You're okay, right?" He muttered quietly, not wanting the others to hear him.

Jungkook nodded.

Yoongi faced him in his seat and pressed his forehead to Jungkook's arm as he nibbled onto his tangerine, trying to comfort the Alpha. Of course Jungkook was lying, but Yoongi had no room to question it. So instead he huddled into Jungkook gently, nuzzling his nose into his jacket, the scent of his not coming off as woodsy, not like fresh grass as usual, but smelling odd. Yoongi couldn't explain it, but if Jungkook's emotion had changed enough to change his scent, then Yoongi most definitely wanted to comfort him.

But.. is it because of Yoongi?

He tensed up, halting his nuzzling and cuddling into Jungkook's arm. He slowly moved away, fear suddenly hitting him.

Had he done something to make Jungkook feel this way? Was he just making Jungkook even more uncomfortable this whole entire time by trying to comfort him? Is he the reason that Jungkook is upset?

A hand to his chin pulled him out of his thoughts. His eyes widened as Jungkook was suddenly lifting his chin, leaning in with his eyes closed. Pressing a sweet, long kiss to Yoongi's lips as if to reassure him that everything was alright. Yoongi melted into the kiss, a soft caress to his right arm making him exhale all of the fear out of his body.

He didn't think friends hadn't seen them kiss on the lips, but Yoongi couldn't care enough to even see if they were watching with their noses scrunched up or not. Jungkook had gradually pulled away, opening his eyes and giving Yoongi an understanding look. He leaned in again, pressing his lips to Yoongi's ear instead but not actually kissing him.

"It's not because of you, Yoongi." He whispered, certain that nobody could see him doing so. "Stop worrying about me." He pressed a kiss to Yoongi's cheek this time. "How about a date this evening?" He asked Yoongi as he stole one of the tangerine slices from his fingers. Yoongi stared at Jungkook with wide eyes, totally lost.

"Y-Yeah." He stuttered, not sure if he was so ready for the sudden question.

Jungkook merely smiled at him. "I'll pick you up at six, then?" He asked.

And Yoongi just nodded.

~