23

____________________

author's note:
in case you haven't noticed already,
i published chapter 22 on the last day of 2020!
i didn't follow my usual schedule for that chapter, so just in case you missed it, be sure to read it before reading this chapter!

____________________

eunha entered her architecture class alone. she looked around, to see whether renjun was around but he wasn't anywhere in the room.

"what's with that eyes of yours? did the dreamies made you cry?" eunjin spoke, slamming eunha's desk hard in an attempt to surprise the girl.

"leave me alone," eunha replied, removing eunjin's hand from her desk.

"ooh, getting bold now that the dreamies have your back, huh?" said eunjin, laughing as she leaves eunha alone.

just then, the one eunha has been looking around for arrived in the class, looking rushed.

eunha curved a smile, relieved to see him.

"hey," renjun greeted, settling in his seat.

"hey, where were you?" asked eunha.

"sickbay." he replied simply, busy catching his breath.

"why were you there?" asked eunha.

when his breathing were stable, he replied, "weiyun. she had an attack."

"an attack?" repeated eunha, panicked at the comment.

"yeah. i'll talk about it later, i don't think it's safe to talk about it openly." renjun replied at the right timing as their teacher enters the class.

their class went as usual, only difference that eunha was quieter.

she couldn't take her mind off what happened last night, nor can she pretended to be fine with her aching body.

"hey, are you okay?" asked renjun right after the class ended.

forcing a smile, eunha replied, "i'm fine. i'll see you at lunch."

and again the next hour of maths class went by relatively quick for eunha. for only a few minutes were she present in her class, most of the time her thoughts wandered off somewhere else.

donghyuck and seolhyun were quiet too in the class. the one who usually spents his hour of class spitting random jokes to his seatmate now stayed silent. it was undeniable that the air surrounding them were tense.

"are you guys heading for the cafeteria?" asked donghyuck when their maths class ended. that was their first chat after the chaos broke out that morning.

eunha hummed in response. meanwhile, seolhyun shook her head lightly.

"where are you going?" asked eunha.

"i'll have lunch at the rooftop. i don't want to see haerin, yet." seolhyun replied, voice still husky.

"seolhyun, i'll send eunha off to the cafeteria first and get some food for you. if anything happens while you're on your way to the rooftop, call me right away, okay?" donghyuck said.

seolhyun and eunha agreed before parting.

"are you okay?" asked donghyuck as the two walked side by side.