Twenty-One

Their first date started out absolutely incredible. First of all, Jungkook brought back Yoongi's pillow and stuffed bear to his door, a nervous smile on his face as he held it out to him. Secondly, he bought Yoongi flowers. Fucking flowers. Yoongi smiled at the dork, bringing him into the apartment so that he could put the flowers in a vase.

  Yoongi's dad walked into the apartment right as Jungkook and Yoongi were about to leave. Immediately, Jungkook started freaking out. His eyes widened as he held out his hand to shake his dad's, the confused look on his dad's face making Yoongi laugh.

  "Dad, this is Jungkook." Because apparently Jungkook had forgotten how to speak.

  "Hello, sir." Jungkook was so respectful that it hurt. His dad hummed at Jungkook, but not in the same way that Yoongi's mother had acted. Yoongi's dad is actually pretty chill.

  "An Alpha." He looked back at Yoongi. "I'm guessing this is the famous soulmate that your mom was telling me about." He looked back at Jungkook with a big cheesy smile. "Come here, you." He opened his arms wide, making Yoongi cringe as his dad tightly hugged Jungkook.

  Yoongi pulled his dad away. "Dad, no." He whined, dragging out the no. "We're going on a date. Don't get your stinky scientist germs all over him." He laughed as his dad poked at him, eager to tease his son and Jungkook.

  "Treat my boy well." He instructed Jungkook, patting him on the back. Jungkook merely nodded, his lips pursed. "If you ever hurt him.."

  "Dad." Yoongi tugged Jungkook's hand and pulled him away. "He won't."

  "I won't." Jungkook repeated, sure of himself. "I will never hurt Yoongi. As his soulmate and as a True Alpha, I will protect him at all costs." He stood straighter, his words making both Yoongi and his father surprised.

  So fucking cute...

  "True Alpha." His father nodded. "If you say so. Have fun, you two." He winked.

  Yoongi quickly dragged Jungkook out of the apartment, ridding them from any more of that. And as they walked to Jungkook's car, Jungkook reached for Yoongi's hand to stop him in his tracks, the car just in reach.

  "Yoongi.." Jungkook pulled him into a hug. It was so sudden that it made Yoongi simply stand in confusion, allowing himself to be hugged. "I'm so sorry that I made you upset today. I didn't know that you'd get upset because of me." Jungkook said.

  Frowning, Yoongi pressed his face into Jungkook's chest. "Don't be sorry."

"I am, though." Jungkook sighed. "I was upset for something stupid and it made you upset. I'm sorry. And I'm also sorry for lying about not being upset. I just didn't want to mention it during school." He told Yoongi.

  Suddenly he felt guilty.

  "You don't have to tell me anything." He pulled away from Jungkook, looking him in the eyes. But Jungkook still looked guilty as well. "You don't have to tell me what's wrong. Ever. That's unfair. And next time I won't try and get you to tell me. I get it. You were upset. Next time, you don't have to lie to me about it. I won't question it. I'll just give you space—"

  "I don't want space." Jungkook cut him off. "You made me feel so much better today during lunch. Can we— Let's just sit in the car. It's loud out here." He said, pointing over to the loud construction site. Yoongi nodded and they got into Jungkook's car, instantly turning on the car and playing music through his bluetooth radio. Soft music. Of course.

  Yoongi sat in the passenger seat, guilty for having made Jungkook even feel the need to hug him and explain anything to him.

  "I wasn't upset with you in any way today." Jungkook explained. "And I know you thought I was. I felt it. But I wasn't. I was upset because of- well.. Taehyung and Seokjin."

  Yoongi furrowed his eyebrows, his head tilting in confusion. "Jin and Taehyung?"

  Jungkook hit the back of his head against his seat. "Jin is a good guy, right?" He closed his eyes, ready for Yoongi to scold him for having such bad thoughts. But Yoongi just looked at him in confusion up until Jungkook pouted at him, a serious look on his face. "Really. Taehyung and Jimin are my only friends in the whole entire school. Taehyung is more of a romantic person than I am. And I'm.. such a fantasy freak. I just want to know that my best friend isn't going to fall for the wrong person.."

  Oh?

  Jin is a good person. Jin, with his dad jokes. Jin, overprotective at all costs and loves to have fun. "I can't say much for you, Kook." Yoongi said. "I've only been here a month or so. But I do know that Seokjin has protected me as much as possible. He's stood up for me many times, and we only just became friends. So I can't say much because I don't know Jin well, but I know he's a good guy so far as I see. As for Taehyung, I have no clue how he is, so I can't tell you if they're good for each other." He said, honestly speaking.

  This only made Jungkook bite at his lip again. Yoongi reached up to his face, pressing his thumb to his bottom lip to stop him.

  "Don't worry too much, okay?" He smiled up at Jungkook. "Why don't you talk to Taehyung about this? Make sure he knows what he's getting himself into, if so? I mean you saw how giggly he was at lunch. He's clearly having a good time, right?" He started playing with Jungkook's bun again. "You're going to worry yourself to death, bun." He said.

  Jungkook let out a short laugh. "Bun?"

  Bunny teeth, bunny hair.

  "Yes, bun."

  Jungkook seemed to like the nickname, a smile on his face now. "Thank you." He said. "Now let's stop all this talk about them and how about we get started with us?"

  Yoongi smiled as Jungkook put the car in drive, ready to finally start their date.

  "Yes, sir."

~

i apologize for the mess that is:
the next chapter