15. I want you back

Oh, baby, give me one more chance
(To show you that I love you)
Won't you please let me
Back in your heart
Oh, darling, I was blind to let you go
(Let you go baby)
But now since I see you in his arms
(I want you back) yes, I do now

~Jackson 5

Kennedy banks pov

"Daniel ?" I question confused

"Daniel ?" I question confused . Why the hell is he at my doorstep ?

"Yep that's me " he smiles like we're just friends . I stale face him and shake my head .

"What are you doing here ? "

"I came to talk ken "

"I don't wanna talk " I frown

"Look I know I was wrong and I'm sorry for taking thing to far but you really upset me Kennedy " he says

"I don't give a damn what I upset , you don't have any respect for me" I say . I'm really tired of this same cycle with him . We be all happy , then we argue , he says something foul , I leave , and he begs for forgiveness. It's getting real tired !

"I do respect you " he sighs stepping into the house like he was invited in . I step back and he shuts the door . " I know I shouldn't have gotten personal and I'm so sorry for upsetting you , and accusing you , I just really love you and when you act disconnected from me it really upsets me " he starts

"Daniel I really don-"

"Let me finish " he cuts me off " I know we've been slowly working on our relationship and trying to make it back to where we were but it was taking so long that I thought you were loosing interest in me so I just assume- "

"See that's your problem ! You Always assuming "

"I know love and I'm sorry . That is my problem I admit it " he touches his chest " but I also admit that I'm crazy over you baby " he says.

"I'm sorry daniel " I shake my head " I'm just over it " I tell him honestly. My mind is already made up .

I'm tired of Daniel and this roller coaster he wants to keep riding over and over again . Plus , I'm still in love with Von . And when I go to LA I plan on making him mine again . So stringing Daniel along would just be a burden and I'm moving on in trying to better my relationship.

"Kennedy please just give me another chance "he pleads "I'm going to change "

I roll my eyes and huff " Daniel change because you want to , not for me " I tell him "my heart already has a name on it I'm sorry" I mumble . He nods a little and I notice his jaw clenched .

"I know your still trying to get over ole dude , but Kennedy I'm right here , right now , begging for your love and he's in a whole other state , doesn't even talk to you , and has two babies , with a whole girlfriend "'he says softly and his words cuts kind of deep . Not because they're rude but because it's the truth .

Maybe I don't need to be with anyone ... everytime I date things go wrong . Either their disrespectful, used for sex , or the perfect guy that made a stupid mistake . At this point I should just be by myself .

" I know I will never be him , and you probably won't even love me as much as you love him . But Kennedy I'm all in for you and he seems to have already chosen his fate " he starts then pulls something out of his bag "your mine"

"What's this? " I ask him looking at the small plastic bowl covered in his hand

"A snow cone " he smiles . I scrunch my face and stare at him .

"Why did you bring me a snow cone ? "

"You remember on our first date when you said you never had one ? "

I think back to the first day Daniel and I went on a date . Jordie dressed me up , we went out to eat , then we went to the park and I told him how I've never tried a snow cone . He remembers that ?

That's the same day Durk invited me to that cookout with him , india , Von , and .... Asian . Von was with asian , just like he is now .

Why am I even thinking about working it out with him , when he blocked me , got a whole girl and kids at home ?

I clearly got to excited with the story ma told me and lost track of reality. Which is the fact that Von doesn't want me anymore , has completely moved on , and I don't blame him . It's been a year and he hasn't reached out . Just because im not over doesn't mean he can't be .

So instead of chasing him I should be right here with the man that remembers something as small as me not trying a snow cone from our first date , and actually trying to make things work with my difficult ass . Maybe he is in love with me and to be honest the reason I keep going back could be because I'm in love with him and just don't know it yet .

I've been so stuck on Von that I've been blocking out the real person who has love for me and maybe if I start to focus on him , I will learn to love him to .

Plus if he feels even half about me how I feel about Von ... I know it's real

"Awee Danny " I smile "you remember that ?"

"Of course I remember, I remember everything about you " he says handing me the bowl . I take it then pull him in for a hug .

"Thank you " I mumble on his shoulder

"Your welcome baby " he grins "and I don't expect anything from this gesture , just as long as We can be friends "

I nod my head a little then kiss him on the lips "how about you be my man ? " I ask him and his eyes light up .

"Officially ? " he questions

"Officially " I nod