-30-

Syd stood in the shower, still in a state of pure bewilderment. She had no idea where to start on processing all the tumultuous events that occurred in a single night.

I was dancing with Em. And then I was going to have sex with him... at the club! But we walked in on Sean... with Lali! I was breaking up with Hector and he attacked me... and then Em and Luca showed up. Hector is working with Dmitry and Santiago! Em looked like he was going to kill Hector. Then I came home with Luca... he gave me multiple orgasms from only fingering me! But then there's Em... But I am single... Yes, I am single. Last time I was single, I almost let them double team me... And I thought about it... a lot.

Syd shook her head stepping out of the shower. One thing at a time. Do I start with Luca since I'm here? Can I face him after last night? I've never experienced anything like that before. We weren't even having sex and I was losing it! What would I even say? 'Hey, you finger fucked me into ecstasy and I just want to know if this is going to be a regular thing? Are you going to actually fuck me one day?' Fuck! This is so confusing...

She walked over to the bed to dry herself off and moisturize. And then there's Em... I was definitely about to have sex with him last night, but it was really only a matter of time with how close we were getting... But then last night with Luca... But would he care? He's a sweet talker, but Em is all about sex... Would we still be friends after we have sex? Would business get awkward? We're adults, we can do that, right?

She rubbed her temples. And then there's Sean and Lali and Hector and Dmitry and Santiago... Why is my life so messy right now?

Syd finally left her room to get some ice for her bruised face. She jumped when she saw Emiliano laid out on the couch sleeping. His knuckles were red and she didn't have to guess why. Luca was sitting at the kitchen counter reading Gina's letter, but he quickly turned it over when he saw Syd walk in.

"Good morning," she said awkwardly as she entered the kitchen. Should I talk to him about last night? She thought to herself. Em is here... but does that matter?

"Simone," Luca walked up to her to examine her face. He gently lifted her by the chin to get a better look at the purple and blue bruise on her cheekbone. Syd avoided eye contact, but took notice of other parts of his face - the way his jaw tensed and nostrils flared. "You need ice."

Syd watched Luca put ice in a ziplock bag and cover it with a cloth. He approached her again and pressed the cold pack gently against her face. "Look at me," he commanded and Syd did as told without hesitation. His eyes bore into hers and he parted his lips like he was about to speak.

"Simone," Emiliano walked into the kitchen, his eyes were low and the sleep was still in his voice. He seemed unfazed by the way that Luca was holding her face and went up to the two of them. "How's your face?"

"It's changing color," Luca said, answering for Syd as he moved the ice pack away and handed it to her. He went back to the counter to take Gina's letter and put it in his pocket. "I need to go. You got her?" He asked Emiliano.

"Always. I'll take her to my place tonight. Sean can't meet us until tomorrow."

"Wait," Syd finally spoke up. "What's going on? Where's Sean? Where's Hector? Why does it feel like you're babysitting me?"

"I'll explain to you on the way, sweetheart. Go ahead and get your bags."

***

"Did you kill Hector?" Syd settled into Emiliano's car and started her interrogation.

"Between me and Sean, we got pretty fucking close." Emiliano shook his head. "Can't say he doesn't deserve it," he spat.

"Did you get any information from him?"

"Not yet. We kind of lost our focus... I don't think I've ever seen Sean that pissed."

"So what now?"

"It's for you and Sean to talk about tomorrow. He had too much going on today and couldn't let business slow because of that punk bitch. But he put Luca and I in charge of taking care of you until you figure out what's next."

Syd nodded. "Hey, can I use your phone to make some calls? Luca made me leave mine at home because of tracking or something."

"Yeah, of course. Just keep it at Sean and your parents... I'm sure you understand."

"Right..."

***

A/N: I know it's short, but I didn't wanna put this w/ the next chapter.

What do y'all think is in Gina's letter?