Training

That had got to be the best sleep I had ever had in a long time. The soft covers of the bed wrapped around me and the silk pillowcases cushioned my head. I had no worry, no paranoia keeping me up at night.

This all ended at 5am when there was a knock on the door. I sat up and stared at the door.
"What do you want?" I sounded groggy.

"It's time to train, 5am meet me in the gym in 10."

I groaned and fell back into the soft bed. A few moments later I rolled out of the bed and walked to my closet. I found some sweatpants and one of my sports bras. After changing I put my hair into two braids and splashed some cold water on my face. This really was the worst. I missed sleep.

When I left my room I saw Sam doing the same. I ran to catch up with him.

"Why are you up so early? Is everyone up this early?!"

He laughed. "Nah not everyone. Just usually Steve,Bucky, and I wake up early to train. Steve and Bucky choose to, I am dragged into it everyday."

My turn to laugh. We walked together into the kitchen and I grabbed an apple. Once I had grabbed that we walked to the gym. I was kinda glad I ran into Sam because I had no idea where to gym was. No one had given me a tour. I think right now Sam might be my favorite. He's friendly to me but he's also a badass.

When we reached the gym Steve and Bucky were stretching.

"You guys should probably stretch. We are going to go for a run first." Steve spoke in between stretches.

I looked over to Sam and saw his shoulders fall.
It couldn't be that bad right? I mean I was in pretty good shape so it's not like I would be literally dying by the end of the run.

I was wrong. Oh so wrong. We were on our 15th lap around the reflecting pool near the Washington memorial and I was out of breath. I stayed with Sam and when I looked up at him, he looked out of breath as well. All the meanwhile Steve and Bucky were on their like 25th lap, each time calling out "on your left" before passing us. The tenth time they said that Sam and I turned around and pushed them down. We laughed and sprinted away, trying to get away from the fallen super soldiers.

We found a place under a tree to rest and waited for Steve and Bucky to finish their last laps. We talked and laughed as we became closer. Once Steve and Bucky were down they jogged over to us and sat in the grass. We all just kinda sat there in silence trying to catch our breaths. Then Steve announced we should head back to the tower to finish training.

I turned to Sam. "We aren't done ?!" He just laughed. Bucky stood over me holding out a hand to help me up. I looked up to him and gratefully took his hand. Steve made us run back to the tower. I desperately missed my bed.

Once we got back we went back into the gym. I sat on the bench completely out of breath. Steve caught my attention as he shook a water bottle in his hand. "Hand it over Rogers I am totally quenched." He smiled cunningly. Oh lord. "Come and get it." You've got to be kidding me. Luckily when I want something I tend to not stop until I get it. Right now, I really wanted that water bottle.

I charged at Steve folding my fingers into fists. We spar and I see my opening to grab the bottle. I jump up to it and Steve passes it to Bucky. "Cmon man I just want the goddamn water!!" This time I don't hold back. I jump onto Bucky's shoulders and twist. This not only surprised him but caused him to lose his balance.

He threw the bottle into the air, tossing it back to Steve. Not again. I leaped after the water bottle and turned in the air, grabbing the water bottle and kicking Steve to the ground.

Before either of them could do anything I ran to the far corner and opened the water bottle. I tipped it back and chugged. Water never tasted so good. The two super soldiers stood back up and Steve just laughed. I was still slumped against the wall in the corner.

"Ok, now we are done for today." Steve says still laughing.

I let out a breath of relief. Before anyone can say anything I walk out of the room. This time I knew where I was going. I got back to my room and laid on the floor. I was drenched in sweat. A few minutes later I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed into shorts and a sweatshirt. It was only 8. How the hell??

I walked out of my room and back to the kitchen. No one else was there. Perhaps they were sleeping or changing? Something like that. I found eggs in the fridge and I made myself scrambled eggs and some toast. Delicious.

It was 8:30 by the time I finished and still no one had appeared. I guess I should give myself a tour then. Or just explore. As I was walking around I heard people arguing. I get closer to the noise and find double doors. They open automatically and I walk in to see Tony and Bruce arguing over near a small table. I looked around and god damn. This place was too cool.

My presence must have been detected because the talking stopped and I heard Tony say "Can I help you?"

I walk down towards them and into the lab area. "What are you guys arguing about? I could hear you from outside the room?" Tony rolled his eyes and I heard Bruce explain. "Well Tony and I are trying to building some machine that could be used to speed up the healing process so we can be safer on our next missions. Tony isn't listening to me and we can't figure out this equation." I walked up to their station and look at the holographic equation.

"You're both wrong. May I?" Tony nods and steps back looking annoyed. I pick up a pen and start to change the equation. When i'm finished I step back. Tony and Bruce look at each other. "Jarvis, run diagnostics " "yes sir, running diagnostics now." It take a moment but then the voice comes back. "Diagnostics show this equation works sir." I smile and Bruce studies the new equation.

Tony looks at me with a confused look. "I thought you were just some dumb waitress."

Well, here we go. I really did not like him. Instead of responding with a snarky comment I turn around and walk out. Sticking up both middle fingers as I walk away.