Epilogue

The chill in the air was the only thing that made sense about there being in the cemetery that morning.

"Do you have the flowers babygirl?"

Kimberly walked up with her head low trying to hide the single tear falling from her eye, "yes, daddy" her voice trembled.

"Ok, go ahead and sit them down right here," he said pointing to the grass by the tombstone. "You have anything you want to say to her?"

Kimberly looked up to her father.

"She can hear me?"

"Always," he smiled down at her.

"Okay. I love you...mommy and..." She said just above a whisper.

August smiled at his brave daughter. Staring at her as she began to speak from the heart towards the tombstone, he noticed how mature she was being, yet still being a young lady. He began to feel regret of the things she witnessed this year and a half. August felt like he hadn't been the best father towards her. Yes, he of course loves her with his whole being and provides everything for her, but he wasn't sure he paid enough attention to her. So worried about providing a good life and a good woman for her to look up to, he forgot to cherish the little moments with her as well. She was another year older already. Time was getting away from him. He vowed to himself to change that.

"Okay baby go have a seat on that bench. I'll be over in a minute" he said as she finished saying her words, giving her dad a tearful hug. August hugged and kissed her forehead as she pulled out of their hug, walking away.

August turned toward the gravesite with tears in his eyes, letting out a deep breath. He reached down to trace the letters of the tombstone like he had several times before.

"I just want to thank you for showing me real love. Without you I would've never made it to today. You taught me what it meant to be a good man to a good woman and for that, I will forever be grateful. You would've made an amazing mother to Kimberly; she reminds me of you everyday with her little mannerisms that's just like yours."

He smiled to himself.

"God sent me a wonderful women to care for but I just know you had a hand in picking her for me. I thank you for saving her that day; if his gun hadn't jammed you'd both be looking down on us today. Instead I know I'm leaving here, with your blessing, to go to that church and say my vows to Rebecca . Thank you Sabrina, I love you always."

He smiled up to the sky as puffy white clouds move to show the bright ray filled sun.

.....

Becca looked at herself in the floor length mirror making sure her eyes graced every inch of her self from the crystals planted securely on her head to the the train that followed her. She wanted to make sure nothing was out of place.

"Lo are you sure you can't tell?" Becca said still looking at her sister through the mirror.

London sighed loudly looking back at Becca, "I'm going to say this one last time, the next time I will just ignore the hell out of you. Rebecca Marie, your baby bump can not be seen."

"I just want to make sure sissy. I don't want to tell anyone until it's safe to do so." Becca said looking down at her stomach.

"Sis, you are well past 13 weeks and I have faith all will be just fine." London said hugging her sister. "Now lets get you down that aisle before your soon to be husband bust down this door. "

They laughed as they picked up the bouquets.

***

Before the church doors open, Becca bowed her head giving a quick praise to God for this moment. It helped her calm down by letting go of the wedding jetters she had. As the doors opened, she looked down the aisle towards the man who would soon be her husband and smiled.