❁ 8 ❁

I had reluctantly agreed to help decorate the ballroom for the surprise party

I had reluctantly agreed to help decorate the ballroom for the surprise party. The interior of the room was absolutely gorgeous. It reminded me of those fantasy novels, where the princess dances with her soon to be husband.

Some of the girls, through the help of the kitchen, were setting up the food table. I would occasionally peek at the sweets table and half drool every time. Because I was tall, they had me decorating the arches of the room with paper flowers and those pretty glimmering spirals. I'd much rather be on food duty. 

"Alright everyone, she should be here in two minutes! Everyone get to your hiding spots!"

All the girls then scrambled to hide. I decided it would be best to hide behind a column, because I was as tall as a giraffe, of course. As I waited, I thought back to our conversation last night. Would he even like this? I wasn't going to tell the girls that Angel hated his birthday, after all, they had worked so hard on this.

My ears suddenly perked up at the sound of doors opening. Footsteps echoed throughout the quiet room and then, "SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted as they sprang out of their hiding spots.

I slowly stepped away from the column to see what his reaction was. There was a bright smile on his face, and perhaps even a hint of gratitude. I couldn't help but smile also. I had never known anyone who held such negative feelings towards their birthday. But of course, Angel was the first. However, throughout the party, he seemed very vibrant and cheerful. Nevertheless, this was Angel, he could as well be acting for all I know.

As I watched everyone mingle from afar with some punch in my hand, I felt a sudden rush of cold wind crawl up my spine. I quickly turned around and saw the back of someone with long black hair walk away. I was about to follow them when suddenly someone tugged at my sleeve. I turned back around and found Tulip with frosting smudged all over her face.

I laughed. "I think you were supposed to get all the frosting inside your mouth, not around it."

She wiped the frosting off with her handkerchief and beamed, "I came over here to tell you that there's a limo parked out in front of the school! Everyone's going to go see who it is!"

A limo? Was it for Angel, perhaps? My eyebrow perked in curiosity. I told Tulip that I would follow her if she led the way. We both left the ballroom and found another group of girls gathered near the gate. I immediately spotted Iris and the two of us met with her.

"Iris, what's going?" I queried.

She was about to explain to me when, right at that moment, the door of the limo opened and someone stepped out. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing things clearly. It was Sakura Marukami, my all-time favorite Japanese-Australian actress! I cupped my hands together and smiled. I must be dreaming!

"Oh, she must be here for Angel's birthday!"

Tulip had burst my bubble of happiness. "W-What?!"