Ch-65

Gao Yu Lan was shocked by Meng Gu’s actions and her face was full of black lines.  She looked at Yin Ze who was enjoying himself listening to the verbal spat and she whispered.  “Did you purposely call him here to enhance your battle strength?”
“Nope.  He is here to help me with something else.”  Yin Ze stroked his chin.  “But you are right.  This rascal’s battle strength is exceptionally good.  I really admire him.”
Meng Gu was still verbally sparring with Qi Na when suddenly Yin Ze turned to Chen Ruo Yu and said.  “This is all your fault.”
Chen Ruo Yu was puzzled.  “Why blame me?”
“You made him unhappy.  Now he is bursting with the power of fire and I can’t play along for too long.  I wanted to preserve my strength to showoff later and make them pay back but this rascal snatched all the limelight from me.”
Chen Ruo Yu squinted her eyes and said.  “He likes to quarrel.  It has nothing to do with me.”
As soon as she finished speaking, she heard Meng Gu’s voice stopped.  She looked up and saw him looking down at her.  Immediately, Chen Ruo Yu smiled at him and waved her hand.  “Carry on……carry on.  I won’t disturb you.”
Meng Gu glared at her, abruptly sat down and said to Yin Ze.  “I won’t argue anymore.  You can go ahead and just let me know when it’s time to fight.”

Yin Ze glared at Meng Gu.  This guy is really annoying.  Now the rhythm is already broken, there is no more fun.

He wanted to eat a bit more and after eating his fill he would create the big rowdy finale.   But now that bad fly certainly will not be provoked and does not have the face to fight with them anymore.
As expected, Meng Gu made Qi Na so angry that her hands trembled.  Her sole purpose in holding this reunion gathering was to publicly disgrace Gao Yu Lan.  Who would have known the situation would be changed completely.  The whole set-up was the complete opposite of what she had planned.  Qi Na is a person who craved for face and as Meng Gu had said…… completely shamed into anger.

She pointed her finger and shouted.  “Gao Yu Lan!”
Yin Ze was propping up his head watching his Miss Bao Zi when Qi Na started to scold.  “You are shameless!  Did you purposely bring people to create havoc in our classmates’ reunion?  You really have the nerve!  Get out!”
Yin Ze did not look at Qi Na.  He smiled at his Miss Bao Zi and Gao Yu Lan returned him a smile.  Yin Ze’s smile grew into a grin and kept looking at his Miss Bao Zi who had really made progress.
He would wait until she could not stand it any longer before he gets himself involved.
Gao Yu Lan stood up, turned around, and looked straight at Qi Na.  Her voice steadily replied.  “Qi Na, even if you have the nerve to say, I don’t even have the nerve to listen.  You should touch on your conscience, oh…..yes, I forgot you don’t have any…..then it’s better not to touch.  You should touch your chest and swear.  That day when you saw me and Yin Ze having a meal in the restaurant with only two simple dishes on the table and you know that Yin Ze is a cook, you assumed we were living a hard life.  You assumed our life is not as good as yours, so you set up this situation to let these old classmates who had witnessed my so-called two-timing that year, to take a look at this bad woman who is living such a hard life.  No…… I should say……living not as good as you.”
A few classmates lowered their heads and did not speak.  In fact, everyone understood and to be exposed in this way was indeed very embarrassing.

Gao Yu Lan continued.  “But have you wondered why I came?  I already knew that you wanted to publicly embarrass me but I still came because I want to tell you…….whether we spend twenty or two hundred or two thousand dollars on a meal, whether Yin Ze is a cook or owner, whether his shop is a snack bar or a big restaurant……what about it?  How much distortion do you need in your heart for you to find happiness from this?  Let me tell you, I am living a blissful life and I feel more enriched, more satisfied now than ever before.  It was your viciousness and Zheng Tao’s shamelessness that changed me which allowed me to enter into an entirely new life.  Yin Ze is right, I’ve to be thankful to you.”
“You’re talking nonsense, talking bullshit!”  Qi Na was livid and she did not know how to refute.  “In the few years we haven’t met, you’ve become so thick-skinned that you’re disgusting.”