10; phone call

sunghoon pov

I went back home and went straight to my room. I laid down on my bed and slept for about 20 minutes. After that, I woke up in deep thought.

flashback

"Yes, of course. I'll always be right by your side. Promise me that you'll come back to me when you grow up, okay?"

"Promise."

I feel bad for breaking my promise but I fell for someone else. If she forgot about me, then why can't I forget about her? Aren't we all human? I can live my life without forgetting her, right? Because I still value the memory and somehow, she is still engraved in my heart. 

She told me this before, "Live life  happily without regret." We were young back then but she was mature because of her experiences and because of her perspective.

I can probably forget her face or voice when I get old but her comforting presence back then, how can I forget that? There was too much on my mind so I decided to call Sooyoung.

(a/n: psh is sunghoon and sy is sooyoung)

phone call

psh: hey
sy: hi
psh: what are you doing right now?
sy: I was about to go to sleep awhile ago but right now, I can't fall asleep so i just went on my phone.
psh: it's getting late, you might fall asleep during class tomorrow.
sy: sing for me then.
psh: no way
sy: okay, I won't sleep then.

Starting tomorrow, I will

I will protect you

all day all night

psh: are you still awake?

Silence arised , which means she probably fell asleep.

(A/n: the lyrics are from 10 months
by enhypen. iT LIVES IN MY HEAD RENT FREE)

sooyoung's pov.

I fell asleep during a phone call with Sunghoon. I woke up and looked at the clock ㅡ 6:30. Later than usual.

School starts at 7am which means I have 30 minutes to get ready and go to school. I did my usual routine and changed to my school uniform. I didn't have breakfast anymore, I went straight to school after getting ready.

school

I wasn't late, I came 5 minutes before class starts. Upon entering the classroom, someone grabbed me from the back. It was sunghoon, who is surprisingly late today. He usually arrives early.

"Sooyoung, you fell asleep after I sang for you."

"oh really? sing for me often." I joked.

"Hearing me sing only happens once in a life time." He jokingly rolled his eyes and teased me. He excused himself and he told me that he will go to the classroom. I was still getting some of my books from my locker.

"Eun Sooyoung!" I heard a familiar voice coming from the back and as i looked back, I saw Jay and Jake.

"Have you heard of the news?" Jake asked with his excited eyes.

"What news?"

"We're going on an overnight school trip on monday!" Jake answered with a tone of excitement.

I smiled. It's only been 1 year since i moved to this school together with Yerin. They told me that they have overnight school trips every other year.

After our conversation,I went inside the classroom. I saw sunghoon looking a bit worried? I'm not sure though. He looks nervous for something bound to happen. I sat on my chair then after awhile, our teacher came in and announced something.

"we have an overnight school trip. It will take place in Jeju Island. Get ready for games, activities and more. That's all. Please prepare for your next class."

everyone was happy and I saw Sunghoon feel relieved. Not until the teacher said..

"By the way, we'll drop by a beautiful park during the trip." Our adviser said. She didn't say the park's name. After the announcement and our first two subjects, we went to the cafeteria.

cafeteria

"Are you okay?" I asked. Sunghoon just nodded and smiled at me. I know his smile isn't genuine but I didn't ask him why, because maybe he isn't comfortable with sharing. He looked bothered and anxious.

"Sunghoon, do you wanna hangout after school?" I tried to cheer him up but he neglected my offer. I know he has a reason for that though.

"I'll pass for today. I have to do something."

sunghoon pov

I don't wanna go back to jeju. I felt messed up as countless thoughts worried me. Regardless, I tried doing my regular routine. After dinner, I slept.

"Don't worry, we'll see each other again."

"you're leaving,"

"It's okay, I know you'll still pick me when we grow up, right?" she said while smiling.

"Of course, I will."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I woke up as a sudden flashback came through my mind. No, I won't break the promise I made. I'll wait for her to comeback. I waited for 11 years already.

-
a/n

hi, thank you for 1k+ reads !

stay safe and healthy. <3