36 || emerson

EVERYONE DECIDED TO SPLIT UP AND I WENT WITH BELLAMY, WHICH WAS MORE HIS DECISION THAN IT WAS MINE. I know he just missed me. It was hard for him to accept that I wasn't the little baby in the Sky Box anymore. The truth is, I missed him, too. So much. I just didn't know how to tell him.

We went to the armory, where there were many guns and even more bullets. Bellamy spoke into his walkie talkie for everyone to meet us there. I stepped outside the door to keep watch, just for safe measure.

They were taking forever, so Bellamy sent me to go get the others. I went to the hangar bay first, since that's where Raven and Sinclair were supposed to be.

"Raven, Sinclair!" I called out.

"Over here!" I heard Raven call back. I followed her voice. She and Sinclair had Becca's journal and the Flame. 

"Octavia, can you hear me? Come in," Bellamy said over the radio. We all gave each other puzzled looks. "Jasper, are you there? Say something," He said, sounding worried. Raven picked up the radio with a confused look.

"Bellamy, what's wrong?" She asked into the device.

"Raven, are you okay? Where are you? Is Tahlia with you?" He replied quickly.

"Still in Engineering, we're fine. Tahlia's with us," She replied, very confused. Something was wrong.

"Raven, listen to me. Emerson is here. Are the others with you?" Clarke said over the radio. Emerson? Mount Weather Emerson? The one Clarke was meant to kill?

"Negative. Just Tahlia and Sinclair," Raven replied. "Mount Weather Emerson?"

"Yes," Clarke responded. "Okay, lock down the hangar bay. Don't let anybody in but us."

Sinclair burst into action immediately. "Stay here, I'll lock the doors. Is this guy, Emerson chipped?"

"He wasn't as of yesterday," Raven replied as Sinclair shut one of the doors. "He wants revenge," The girl said in realisation.

Suddenly, the power shut off. All the lights went out. I couldn't see anything.

"Raven?" Sinclair asked but was immediately hushed by Raven. I gripped my knife, knowing Emerson could attack at any moment. 

"He's here, he's inside the hangar bay," I heard Raven say, probably informing Bellamy and Clarke over the radio. Her words were followed by a scream, obviously her own.

"Raven?" I cried.

"Raven, I'm coming!" I heard Sinclair say. I followed Raven's cries and grunts.

"Open the outer door!" She shouted with a grunt. I kept following her voice, hoping Sinclair would open the outer door. "He cut the power, so do it manually!" She cried. I heard the front door opening, letting in a little sunlight so we could finally see. 

"Guys, get back in the rover, lock the door!" Sinclair shouted. Raven was already in the rover. I looked at the hangar bay doors to see Sinclair on the floor, covered in blood and holding his stomach. Raven limped over to him, despite his constant pleads for her to stay in the rover.

I ran over to them. Sinclair was like a second father to me back on the Ark. He couldn't die. I won't lose anyone else. I kneeled in front of Sinclair's dying body beside Raven as the girl pressed cloth to his wound on his abdomen in hopes to stop the bleeding. He kept telling us to stay in the rover, over and over.

I couldn't lose another person I care about. Another mentor. 

Tears were streaming down my face. Suddenly a blunt object hit me in the back of the head, and I was knocked back, barely conscious. Emerson.