Chapter 1

TW: happy couple

"Fuck! Ugh, that's the wrong hole! Be gentle!"

Zack shoots me a look. "Then stay still until I can put it in all the way!"

Crossing my arms, I sit back as he squints his eyes and attempts to put the earring he bought into my left ear. I have two piercings and somehow he keeps managing to miss both.

"This was a lot more romantic in the Korean dramas," I mutter. "Here, just let me-"

"No, I can do this," he says, clearly challenged by the earring. He glowers at it like it personally attacked him. "I just don't wanna hurt you."

"You won't." I press down on my lips to suppress a smile. "Thank you, Zack," I say quietly and he grins up at me in response.

My hands go to the necklace resting on my chest that he bought me in high school. It's been nearly two years of facetime calls and only seeing each other in person for days at a time. I suppose the earrings represent another milestone.

We're both wearing silver earrings, a couple's set. I glance down at my hands. All that's left is-

"Got it," he announces triumphantly, standing up so he towers over me. He surveys my face, staring back-and-forth from the earrings to me.

"How do I look?" I ask, flipping my hair dramatically.

What I'm going for is Pantene shampoo commercial vibes. What actually occurs is my hair getting caught in my mouth. My face blanches.

"Fishing for compliments?" he replies with a smirk, reaching forward to brush the hair out of my face.

I shrug innocently. "Well, if you won't compliment me, there are always boys on Tinder."

His hand falls. "So you're fucking with me now, huh?" he asks condescendingly. "Good girl."

I laugh. "That's what healthy couples do, you know. They compliment each other."

"Healthy?" he repeats disapprovingly. "Who wants that?"

I cross my arms and we stare at each other as I wait. When he doesn't say anything, I smack his arm. "You know, I can't stand you sometimes."

He merely smirks. "Get on your knees then."

I make a face and he laughs, pulling me to him.

"Amelia," he says softly, his black eyes staring straight into mine as he cradles my face in his hands, the skin rough against my cheeks. "I think you're perfect."

"I'm not," I say quietly. "But you make me feel like I am."

I stop breathing as he brings our lips together. Familiar old friends. I wrap my arms around him, trying to bring our chests together. Trying to feel his heartbeat.

He pauses, smiling against me. "Why do I feel like your dad is hiding somewhere following us?"

I let out a light scoff. "I'm kissing you and you're thinking about my dad?" His grin stretches. "Sorry but he's married and I'm pretty sure he's gone by now."

He's fulfilled his duties of getting my stuff into my dorm and talking to the football coach so I wouldn't be surprised if he's already on the plane back, popping champagne and twerking on strippers in celebration of me being thousands of miles away.

The lightness of my face disappears but I pull away before my mood can sour.

"Let's go eat," I say, putting on a smile. "I want to go on my first official college date with my boyfriend."

He pretends to search behind himself. "Boyfriend?"

I move to hit his arm but he grabs my wrist mid-air and pulls me into his chest.

"Come on," he says, slipping his hand back into mine. "We have two years of dates to make up for."

A/N: I suck at writing first chapters but pls keep reading! Votes and comments r appreciated. Happy New Year loves :)