Chapter 1

——————————————————

"Ah, y/n y/l/n. Come, it is time for you to meet my wife and my son."
You hear Lucius Malfoy say to you.

You stand up and walk through one of the doors in Malfoy Manner, following him, until you see a woman and son, both with white hair, though the woman's has grey strands caused by ageing.

"This is my wife, Narcissa Malfoy, and this is my son. Draco Lucius Malfoy. Draco will be more like an older sibling, a guide for you while you are at Hogwarts. I have some business to attend to so I will see you tomorrow at your departure."

He walks out and you can clearly see an expression of unwariness on Draco's face, but your bow, your cloak swishing against the floor. Narcissa had a greeting expression on her face, yet stern at the same time.

"Hello dear, I hope your ride was here was pleasant!" She says warmly.

You smile, feeling happy for some reason, and you gaze caught Malfoy's stone cold grey eyes. You, Draco, and Narcissa have dinner served by the house elves and it was one of the best meals you had ever had. It gets dark quickly and you finish your entire plate.

"Draco! Will you please show Miss y/l/n to her room we have prepared for the night? Her stuff is ready."

He solely nods and leads you upstairs to a grand room with a big bed with silk bedsheets and as you step towards the bed you hear his footsteps retreating backwards.

"Draco! Wait! I have a question. What's it like at Hogwarts?"

He smirks at you and says: "Well it depends. On who you're friends with. And here's the thing......"

He lowers his voice so only you can hear: "When we get on the train I don't want to talk to you at all because I was not a part of my fathers stupid plan to practically adopt you so don't get in trouble and don't talk to those, mudbloods. Like Granger."

You turn around confused and take your cloak off and jump on the bed, grabbing a book off of your new pile of them.

"Huh. Hogwarts: A History. I've heard of this before" You mutter to yourself.

You open to the first page and you see a letter. It reads

"If one day you are going to take the Malfoy name you need to keep your grades up, unlike my son who I still care for. Hopefully he will take inspiration from you and your academic prowess.
—Narcissa "

Your heart skips a beat when you hear a thud coming from the room across yours. You ignore it but when you hear another thud followed by a pain induced groan, you stand up to check it out.

You walk towards it carefully and silently as you hear another thud and groan. You slowly turn the handle and peek inside. At first you only see a tuft of short white hair but following the picture you see an angry Draco and a bleeding house elf.

"HONESTLY! You are the most useless house elf ever! Now clean this mess up, I have visitors coming over." You hear him say.

You slowly close the door and walk back to your own and sit down, in shock, with your thoughts as your only company.

"Woah, I never knew they were that cruel to house elves." You think to yourself. "But the letter says that to take on the Malfoy name I have to do well. I guess that also includes not being particularly nice to the creatures."

You go downstairs to read by the fireplace but 10 minutes later you hear knocking on the front door, thinking it was someone from the Ministry. You peek round the ginormous chair you are sitting in and Draco rushes down not noticing you as you swing back around.

Two friendly but gruff teenage voices enter the house. Draco calls them Crabbe and Goyle and feeling like you should leave, you try and sneak back upstairs unnoticed, but fail as the first step squeaks.

"OI! Who's dat you got dere Malfoy! Looks like somewon tryin' to break into yuh house! Sneakin 'round like that!" One of the figures shouts, pointing at you with one of his grubby fingers.

You stop dead in your tracks but as feel two more pairs of eyes turn to look at you you sprint upstairs, but still in earshot.

"She? Oh, she's a bit of a..... surprise. She'll be going to hogwarts with me next time. Let's just say she's special for now, and that I don't want her here."

You turn back and bump into the house elf he was abusing earlier, blood dried on her face. Words try and escape your mouth to apologise for his actions but she just hangs her head and walks past you.

You look out your window and take off your sweater as you feel a warm breeze flow around your arms. 3 pairs of footsteps climb up the stairs and one falls back down, making a dull thud on each step. Feeling nervous, alone, and for some reason scared, you close the door and just breath in the air.

You spot a big and beautiful tree not too far in the distance and because being at Malfoy Manor had its perks, you could do magic and go undetected. You found a basket underneath a cupboard and put your books and some bread inside with an extra scarf. Using an easy spell, you jump out of the window with basket in hand falling gracefully like a feather.

The spell wears off just as you're a metre from the ground so you land tumbling over with a thud. Afraid someone would hear you, you start running towards the tree, breeze blowing in your face.

You sit down against the bottom of the tree, putting your feet up onto one of its ginormous roots. It gets colder so you put on your scarf and cast a spell to create a bubble full of warm air. You read for an hour and a half so by then it's around 11.

You get distracted by the hooting of an owl in an nearby tree so you figure it's time  to go back. You take your time and use another spell to turn some fallen branches into a ladder. You go to sleep not feeling tired at all, yearning for the unknown that waits for you the next day.
——————————————————————

Hi my lovelies! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and a fair warning, Y/N is FEISTY! Like, seriously really feisty. Sometimes. These are just for what will happen next chapter in the train. Great! Not sure what times I might update this but I'm putting a lot of effort into this! Mwah! 💋

(Kisses)

(#WeasleyTwinsHint)
;)