Chapter Twenty-Three: Katherine's Party

[MATURE CONTENT]

The next few weeks went by fairly well. Draco and I didn't talk much, but I got caught up with all of my classes and my friends are somewhat acting normal again. Draco has been on my mind a lot lately, I hated our new conversations. They were always so boring and short.

Our conversations would be a simple hey, how are you? Then thinks would get awkward and he would walk away.

I also made Victoria give my necklace back to Draco. I didn't feel like wearing it especially since I didn't know what we were anymore.

"Miss Torres!" Professor Umbridge shouts.

I shoot my head up and look at her. "I said to repeat the following expression three times. If you cannot do so, you will serve detention with me in my office." She informs. I nodded my head slowly as I lured my eyes back down to my parchment.

I hate her.

She's been treating me extra unfairly.

And I have no idea why.

"It's ok, Moon. We all don't like her. Or what she's teaching us." Hermione whispers next to me. I curve my lips into a small smile before I began writing with my quill again.

"Wands away, Mr. Longbottom." She said in annoyance. The shy Gryffindor boy put his wand away nervously, keeping his large brown eyes on our professor.

Sometimes I think that everyone hates her.

"Now class, there will be no need to talk, your O.W.L.S are in April, so I expect you all to know this by then. Those wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit may sign up in my office. The better job you do, the more extra credit you will receive." Umbridge explains to the class.

Maybe I should join.

I did need the extra credit.

I continued writing until the end of class, where Professor Umbridge finally stopped talking about her unreasonable educational decrees. As everyone begins leaving, I waited for Hermione to pack up her tings so we could walk together. We slowly make it out of class and I accidentally make eye contact with Draco.

For the past couple days, Draco hasn't looked his best. He's getting lazy with the hair gel he puts in his hair, putting less and less each day. I've noticed that he has started to get bags under his eyes now.

Something might be going on.

I pull my eyes away from his, and turn back to Hermione. I didn't want her to know that I still cared for him.

I mean I do.

I just don't want her to know that. Especially since she really doesn't like him.

"I wish we were able to use magic. I mean I'm new to the school, I should learn to use some kind of magic at least." I sigh in annoyance. Hermione looked uncomfortable for some reason but I tried to shake the feeling.

Maybe she didn't like talking about our past. I mean I've seen it with her before. Some of our classmates call her the name they used to call me. We're both bullied for our past.

Obviously her more than me.

I still needed to change the subject, fast.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry and Ron walking towards us.

"Oh look it's Ron and Harry. Hey guys!" I say awkwardly trying to change the subject. The boys and Hermione just look at me weirdly, like I just said something stupid.

"Nevermind. You know I was actually thinking about throwing a party on Friday after classes." I exclaim, continuing to change the subject. Hermione sighs in relief.