Chapter 13

The train ride was extremely boring for Valerie. 

She finished her book, and was now playing Wizarding Chess against Frances, her advisor who was a worthy opponent. She always played with Frances or Draco. Frances was her most trusted and loyal sentry. He guarded her, advised her and entertained her, and though she never showed it, she was grateful for that.

The game was in a very pregnant position, and any move Valerie would make, Frances had a solution to it, and that would make her lose. She hated losing, and she rarely won Frances. He taught her how to play and bewitched her mind to function more intelligently.

She wanted to play against her father, but she didn't get to spend much time with her, seeing as he was busy finding a way to get the prophesy he craved. Draco, was a good player, but he gave up too soon, and nearly always lost to Valerie.

The game between her and Frances turned up to be a draw, and Valerie, having enough of sitting there and doing nothing, decided to have some fun. Coming out of her compartment, she glided over to the students' side of the train, her hood up.

Nobody knew who she was. And she wanted to keep it that way. Normally, they would have bowed, but they didn't know she was aboard the train in the first place.

She saw a Chinese girl enter one of the compartments, then leave after a few seconds. Catching a glance at her face, she instantly knew who it was. 

Cho Chang. Diggory's girlfriend. Shouldn't she be mourning? 

The Chinese girl whispered something in her friend's ear, and walked off snobbishly into another compartment.

Valerie walked to the far end

 of the train, recognizing many ministry workers' kids. Bored, she bought a pack of bubblegum from the trolley witch, and walked back to her side of the cabin.

Her path was blocked by a freckled, red headed boy, with gangly arms and feet, accompanied with a girl with bushy brown hair and honey eyes, both wearing prefect badges.

  Hmmm, who might these be. Well, the red head's definitely a Weasley. Brunette's probably Potter's muggle friend. Yeah, that's definitely her. Recognize her from Witch Weekly magazine last year.

Her thoughts swirled in her head, as she saw them enter the same compartment Cho Chang had stopped at. Peeping inside, she caught a glimpse of emerald green eyes, and a pair of round, golden glasses. 

Potter. 

She smiled secretly to herself. 

Let's have fun, shall we?

Valerie placed a foot in between the closing doors of the compartment, resulting in all eyes pointing towards her. The doors opened, and she slipped through.

The action was done fast, but diligently, and Valerie found six pairs of eyes glued to her long black cloak.

"Who are you?" demanded Ron Weasley.

She didn't answer, but rather scrutinized his appearance, taking note of his features, and clothes.

Luna Lovegood was reading The Quibbler, hardly paying any attention to Valerie, as she hummed a Christmas carol under her breath, eating a liquorice wand with Drooble's best blowing and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans at the same time.