chapter fourteen ◊ the best (& favourite) chapter I've ever written in my life

I MUST CONFESS I STILL BELIEVE!!!

WHEN I'M NOT WITH YOU I LOSE MY MIND.

GIVE ME A SIGNNNNNNN

HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME

Let's appreciate Britney Spears for making that song.

Plus, it's motivating me to write.

So thanks Britney Spears, for hitting me one more time.

Idk where that came from.

+WARNING: WHILE EDITING this chapter, I realized a part was similar to The Proposal and that was just a coincidence so I tried my best to change it. But to be honest, I just love the song xD Instant #nostalgia So don't tell me 'It's just like the Proposal' It's my childhood.+

My rib cage was crunching under cold hands and I laid there, jerking in shock. The veins were pumping up Isaac's arm and he spat a demon screech. Suddenly he angled his shoulder back and propelled me with such an alienated force. He sling shot me forward and I was blown away, body crashing through building after building, cement wall after cement wall, flying through. Enveloped in this frozen feeling of numbness.

I blew through Hell's gate and crash landed onto the gravel, rolling across the sharp lumps in the dark. One footstep after another landed a short distance away and I laid there, hardly holding on.

The same cold hands picked me up again and I was hanging upside down by my captured feet. Isacc's eyes swirled in anger and he chucked me again. I skid across the gravel, a wall of it shooting upwards until I plummeted deep into the sewage. Sinking lower under the water, a light exploded and I was spinning, dividing into millions of pieces and then connecting back together.

Finally, my eyes closed.

...

A gust of air shot into my mouth and I sprung up. Spread across packing snow, a blond haired man was chaining a difficult prisoner up against a post. Snow flittered down onto my clothes, the red gore smeared across my sending my heart throbbing. Hearing my breath, the man turned, and a zap of panic hitched his brows. He hurried over, trudging through the thick white sea. "Alice. Don't move."

"Grim?" I tried saying but nothing came out. He put his finger on my lip.

"Don't talk. You're fucking dying, asshole."

I watched his skin close around the cuts, healing itself as his natural perfect skin returned. He gradually rolled up my sleeve, revealing smudges of blood and scrapes across my dirt covered skin. Seeing him warm his hands in preparation, I realized what he was about to do and rapidly shook my head, giving him a weak push.

I croaked, "Stop, you can't-"

"Alice, would you just let me."

"No." I brought my hand over his, unable to feel him under my fingertips. "There's no way I can let you do this. You can't give up your life just to save me."

He was silent. Then he burst into laughter. "Sacrifice? Honey, I would never give my life for you. What do you think this is-a movie? Your human mind has been playing tricks on you." My eyes widened, taken aback by his confession. He shrugged and said, "Nah, I'm just gonna take some of the souls I consumed and regenerate them into your body." He pressed his fingers into my arm and I winced. "It might hurt a little, but this'll work."

I sensed his fingers root into my skin like suction cups, and saw his chest rumble in a deep chuckle. "LOL. You thought I was gonna sacrifice myself."

"Well..."

Laughing still, he murmured foreign words under his mirth and pressed weird formations into my skin. Swallowing the pain, warmth rushed from the pressure and through my blood. Gushes of air were drawn into me, voices racing through my head. I clutched the snow surrounding me and snapped my neck back, the force of spirits regenerating my soul.