Chapter 21

After breakfast the next day we were yet again sitting in the council office, a plan was in need or we would all suffer the consequences.

My father entered the room looking slightly tired, dark puffy circles visible underneath his eyes. Had he not sleept at all? Tom entering right behind him with determination in his gaze.

Standing in front off us the king spoke first.

“Listen up boys! We got a plan.”

My heart felt tight, slowly swallowing down my dry throat. They had been up all night, coming up with a plan of defense. A plan to let me and Leo stay together, be together. To not let my haistily decision to take my mate with me home be the end of us or the end of our pack. Thinking of how our relationship can end in a blink of an eye makes it harder for me to breathe.

A tight grip yanks me out of my messy head, Leos warm tuch soothes me, circling his tumb across the back of my hand.

The king voice his plan head strong with his right hand man. It was a god plan, sturdy and secure, hopefully our future will be too.

The plan for us is to secure our line of defense, reach out through the shifter-community and challenge the secret soldiers head on. The Black Blood tribe was well known across the land and had a decent number of alliances. The question was would they stand with us or watch us crumble and fall? Only one way to find out, but we needed to act fast.

Seventy five shifters were chosen to give out the message to our community throughout the land, five in each car, bird and ground animals were equally divided. Every one chosen specifically to that mission, with a small tie to a pack, by family or just acquaintance. We used everything we had for the pack to just stop and listen to us and hopefully would come and stand with us.

This was a risky mission, sending out our people, our shifters, to packs far and wide, with no certainty on how the shifter packs would greet them. Would they fight them for standing up against the secret soldiers? Would they laugh, and shove their face in the dirt? Or would they open up their arms and homes to my men and sitt down and discuss the matter in hand. All of my men were given the choice, the opportunity to say no, to say they didn't want this. And I promised I would not think less of them, no one would. But unanimously they all agreed. In a heartbeat they were all there, several of the others vouluntering to take the place of those who would decline, but no one did.

My pack, My people, would give their lives for me, for us in an instant. And if all comes down to a fight, in my heart I promise them I do the same, even if it means breaking my promise to my mate.

---------------------------------------------------------

Packed bags, ready to leave, my mate gave Silver a last hug, saying their goodbyes. We were going to the east, up the river toward the mountains to Grizzly Tooth pack and Storm Cold pack. They were known for their brute behavior and ice cold temperatures. They were one of the oldest shiferpacks, going back thousands of years. My head telling me it was slim changes they would join us, but if we got them to stand with ut against the secret soldiers more would surely follow. And my gut gave me an itchy restless feeling to go, go and do something, go and with all my power persuade them to follow.

“Promise me you be careful” Leo said to Silver, squeezing his shoulder steadily.

“Of course” he answered sincerely

“Any sign of danger you get your bird out of there! You hear me Silver” Leo was woried about his friend. His girl is about to pop any minute now, and he was against Silver going on this mission, but Silver hade eagerly joined. My father had placed him closest to home thou, amongst our neighborhood packs, just in case.

“Hey that goes for you too!” Silver said back pointing a finger towards his friend, earning him a cheerful hug.

“Rex, Oh my gooood” Luke suddenly exlaimed a bit too girly “Im sooooo gonna miss you” giving me a sideways hug “It's like...” he choked up an looked like a chicken bobblehead “....three days until I see you...” he faked out as sob “ ….Again...”

Leo scowled at him, trying not to pay him any attention, as he continued with his goodbyes.

I shoved Luke of me, grunting at him – our usually comunication skills of saying goodbye. Grinning he grunts back and walks off to is waiting car.

“Il see you soon Molly” Leo say to Silvers mate giving her a hug “may I?” his hand hovering over her big belly.

“Of course” she said gripping his hand and gliding it over her belly.

“Now, you will have to wait litle baby” he said softly “you will wait until your daddy comes home, you hear me!” Molly giggled at Leo “Oh.. you kicked me hu... well I quess he heard me” Leo smiled.

A sudden realisation hit me, a pang of guilt. I took this away from him, he will never have this, because of me. This was his future befor me, but now, he will never get a girl pregnant, never experience the birth of his child, never become a father. Because of me. I had accepted my fate before I met him, I knew children would be impossible for me to have. But Leo. Fuck.

“Rex” Leo stood beside me looking slightly worried “Hey, were did you go?” he askes low.

I smiled faintly and shake my head, as I gesture us towards the car waiting for us. The packs were 12 hour trip away and we needed to get going.