Chapter 9

'It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness.'
~Charles Spurgeon

'Neglect is one of the things you don't know you are doing until you discover that the one who loved you enough to put up with it, is gone....'
~Unknown

_____________________________

Many days later

It was morning and the whole pack house was brimming with activities.
After the exercising /training sessions were over, people were feeding their stomach some much needed food.

While everyone was busy at the dining table, nobody noticed the absence of a certain individual during the breakfast.

The individual being Aiyana.

And, unbeknownst to them, she had been skipping breakfast for a few days. Not only that, nowadays she always resolved to stay at her bedroom or at her personal garden. Giving little to no glimpse of herself to her serial bullies.

Even her brother, Ajax, in the midst of his Half Yearly exams, failed to notice her absence in the vast majority of people.

On the other hand, at the same time, there were some extraordinary occurrence taking place in the garden for the last few days.

Aiyana, who was wearing a red frock, was taking care of her plants and giving them their regular attention as she watered them. There was a big smile blooming on her pink lips. Her hands and feet were shaking from excitement. For him.

It seemed, for the past few days, she looked extremely happy. There was always a shine in her zircon brown eyes and healthy rosy hue to her pearl like face.

Celestine, their Luna, noticed that.

Currently, when Aiyana's excited body movements could be comparable to a fluttering butterfly, a pair of arms suddenly hugged her from behind.

He was here. Azazel.

She immediately turned around and hugged him with a force twice of his. A happy laugh erupted from her throat as he peppered her whole face with butterfly kisses.

After that, they stood in each other's embrace breathing with meaning.

How alive the three of them felt! The strings of hearts were totally marvelous.

After they separated, he took her hand in his and then made her sit on the bench.

Their was a big package in his hands which he now kept beside her. He started opening it to reveal various varieties of food inside it.

This wasn't a new site for Aiyana. From a few days, he always brought her food to eat when she once complained that she didn't particularly enjoy eating the food served in the pack house. So, he straight out resolved to bring her food himself.

What is it today??? Her feet were shaking from excitement.

It's Chinese. He told her with a adoring smile on his lips.

He took the chopsticks and started feeding her dumplings, a delicacy he craved to feed her for a long time.

She released a moan when the sweet and spicy flavor of the delicacy reached her tastebuds

His beast released a deep growl in his mind at that, making Azazel's chest rumble.

It's so hard...

Aiyana then opened her eyes and gave him a thumbs up while his deep amethyst gaze was observing her each and every reaction.

Aiyana too picked up a spoon and started feeding him the creamy red chicken soup from the meal box.

His amethyst eyes never left her face as he opened his lips and drank the soup from her hand

He muttered a 'delicious' while intensely staring at her lips. When she saw him staring at them, she became confused again.

Times like these, she often wondered if her relationship with him was somewhat out of the line of friendship, or if he liked her in a different way, but her thoughts always halted in middle. Because, she just wanted to be happy that he was still her friend.

She has no idea that her mates were literally dying to kidnap her and lock her in their bedroom. Only for them to behold.

Very soon they finished their breakfast.

Azazel was sitting on the lush ground as Aiyana fluttered around the whole garden watering and providing comfort to her plants along the way.

He just watched her with his deep amethyst eyes. Each and every smile of hers his to behold.

After finishing her daily tasks, she sat beside him on the ground playing with her rabbit.

He wanted to make her sit on his lap, but refrained from doing so as he did not want to scare away the little hope of trust between them.

The rabbit, never allowed anyone other than Aiyana to pet or touch itself. So Azazel, a total stranger was someone it always stayed away from.

But now, after much of Aiyana's coaxing, it has resolved to stay near him.

She forwarded the little bunny in her palms to him, indicating if he wanted to hold it.

I don't think it will like me. He signed with a smile.

Her eyes widened in understanding. She leaned her head on his arms, surprising him and then touched her hand with his in a way, so that both of them were holding the bunny in their hands.

For the very first time, he held a rabbit in his murderous hands. Its soft fur vibrating against his big palms.

While he held it with one hand, she took hold of his other hand in hers and started gliding it on the small head of the tiny bunny.

The bunny blinked and then nuzzled itself into his palm.

From then onwards, the little bunny was never afraid of the big bad monster. Rather it liked hopping around him.

____________________

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!!