Twenty Four: Issy

Twenty Four

With a loud groan, Isa stretched, her eyes still shut tight as the sheet fell from where it was pulled up to her chest, exposing her naked upper half as she arched her back, letting the bones in her spine and joints pop before collapsing back on the bed, trying to ignore the way her light brown nipples tingled from being exposed to the air.

After Isa had moaned, groaned, and stretched to her heart's content, she let out a loud sigh, rolling onto her side as she spoke to her lover, "You sure are quiet this morning....." She trailed off when her hazel eyes opened, and she met the rumpled sheets on Adrian's side of her bed.

"Adrian?"

After feeling around on his side, she learned it was still the slightest bit warm. He was probably in the kitchen, seeing as her en suite was empty.

Sliding out of bed and pulling on a robe over her naked body, she didn't even bother to close it, Isa padded throughout her whole house. He wasn't there.

His car was gone, his clothes-all but his shirt which was on her floor- were gone, and his phone was gone.

Isa made her way back to her master room, crawling onto her bed, and reaching across to her bedside table, pulling her phone off the charger and checked to see if he had texted her.

She was upset he had left her, yes, but she was worried. Maybe something had happened to his mother, or Nicole, or Leo.

She hoped not.

Dialing Adrian's number, she listened to the ringing tone, and sighing when the automated voice telling the caller to leave a message after the tone.

"Hey Adrian , it's Isa. I was just wondering if you were okay. You weren't here when I got up a while ago. Text me or something and let me know you're fine, alright?"

After waiting a few minutes, and not getting a call back, Isa got into the shower, washing off the events from the peculiar, but incredibly pleasing night before.

She got out, and she pulled on a baby blue silk pair of boy cut shorts with the matching bra from the collection Adrian had gotten her, then donned her mid-thigh length, pastel pink robe before setting to making herself some breakfast.

As the day progressed, and the hours passed, Isa's feelings started to get hurt. Adrian didn't call or text her to say he was okay. Nicole, she had learned after calling her to make sure all was well told her that herself, their mother, and his best friend were all perfectly healthy and she hadn't heard from Adrian in a few days.

By midday, she was pissed.

Late afternoon-livid.

He had left her alone in bed, left her to wake up alone. To some people-a lot of people-that may not have been that big of a deal, but it was with Isa, and she had no clue if it was because she was somehow linked to this immortal being through their bond of being tied to each other, or if it was just because this man was the one who had taken her innocence and that was the bond they shared.

Isa honestly didn't care, because either way she had still woken up alone.

He had promised her he would never make her wake up alone after sex. She didn't like waking up after an amazing night with him and having no one to bask in the left over ecstasy with , she hated waking up and not having his chest to lay on, not having his lips to kiss.

Isa valued those waking moments in bed with him, because even though the both of them weren't morning people at all, he was always in his most approachable mood when he had just woken up. Sometimes Isa could even get a smile out of him ever since he had come back into her life those last few weeks after being absent for so long, though he wasn't permanently so. After the drama with Adrian sleeping with another woman, he did still watch her, and he popped up on her at work and wherever else he could catch her since he couldn't get into her house.